• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other than the glaring lack of talent at DT..

Kurb

...what else is supposed to upset me from a preseason game ?

Offense looked like an offense running through preseason snaps.

Defense showed improvement from last week.

Captain showed some things.

Goodson as well.

What Meh Worry ?

Considering 0 tape/prep work is put into such I don't fret as much about that.

Seeing the tackling shape up after the Giants game was nice.

so tape/prep work will some how teach Godfrey how not to look like a middle school football player who some how found himself on the NFL field by mistake? I mean he doesn't just whiff an on occasional play....he does it on several.....even back to back plays in both games so far. I mean could the starting S look worse? Not to mention he is coming of a season where he looked like garbage.....

the only thing that worries me is the bad tackling and sloppy games in terms of our TOs.

I guess i trust fox in practicing less in preperation for the regular season, but we have just looked soooooo sloppy the first two games.

If the tackling can show a lot of improvement I will be 100% satisfied with where we are. Hopefully we get a new DT soon.

tackling was a big thing for me.

the linebackers are doing a good job of it. the secondary is the issue.

another is the lack of solid depth on the Oline. i have very little faith in those guys. i would like to have a vet come in somehow to shore up at least the RT. i don't trust schwartz there. he might be fine as a OG but not a tackle....at least not yet.

otah going out for even a brief moment scared me. The Dude is too prone to giving up the big play.

I'm not sold on Godfrey. He looks lost too often.

So it's chicken/egg. Is it lack of pressure and too much time for qb to pick apart secondary OR, Godfrey out of place?

I railed on him last year. Everybody should focus some on him the next game. Watch his foot work and angles he takes.

He gets to some spots too late for a guy playing S. As a S his instincts need to allow him to sense where the ball/play is going to be.

Sooner than later the lightbulb needs to come on.

Outside of Jarrett being a ghost, my only real concerns are no depth. That comes from FA soon.

Archived