• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Playbook gives the edge to ATL

CelibatePimp

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/0ap3000000449458/Playbook-Panthers-vs-Falcons

All the analyst picked ATL due to Matt Ryan being able to pass the ball. Fair point. However, ATL has only won 2 of their last 5 games. Their only wins came againts teams ranked 29th (NO) and 30th (ARI) in passing yds allowed/game. CAR is ranked currently at 9th against the pass.

On the other hand, they have been able to stop the run game of PITT and NO over their last two games. However, neither Brees nor Big Ben is a threat to keep the ball. Will their success at stopping the run continue?

No. Stewie gonna gash em.

He can run on them...

But 28 is more the methodical type. 120 yards? Sounds good....but if we are playing Shula ball and we only have 300 total yards on O we might not be putting up points.

Being gashed by the pass is Atl's issue. We need to run 28 but be more pass heavy IMO. Can't be conservative early.

Need to get a lead early

Atl can't stop the pass.

Isn't that how we made our comeback last time?

I think we need to basically be a Cam show....the methodical junk might not be the way to go

I don't recall how much of the RO we run the last time. I think we should start by running to open up the passing game. Also, we need to keep Ryan off the field so keeping the TOP might also be crucial.

I don't recall how much of the RO we run the last time. I think we should start by running to open up the passing game. Also, we need to keep Ryan off the field so keeping the TOP might also be crucial.

If I recall we played slow run heavy Shula ball game. The late Cam went off we scored easy going pass....and then Ron called Cam off and we ran for that FG attempt.

I think we need to run. Limit Atl. But apply that once we have some points.

Atl is THE worst pass D. If we can't go pass heavy early and get a lead....we have no business winning or getting a playoff birth IMO nc the pass matchup bs Atl is one of the sweetest matchups you can get

Yeah I saw that. Mostly fair analysis. I do think some analyst are overlooking or ignoring the improved play of the Panthers.

Evans and McGinnist has no faith in Carolina, after previewing our matchup, the host made the comment that if the Panthers win they'd be the first ever back to back NFC South champs and Evans said "that's not going to happen", and McGinnist adds "congratulations Atlanta".

Yeah I saw that. Mostly fair analysis. I do think some analyst are overlooking or ignoring the improved play of the Panthers.

Evans and McGinnist has no faith in Carolina, after previewing our matchup, the host made the comment that if the Panthers win they'd be the first ever back to back NFC South champs and Evans said "that's not going to happen", and McGinnist adds "congratulations Atlanta".

This is a different one by Brian Billick, Sterling Sharpe and Shaun O'Hara. I also saw the one you mentioned, they were also basically going offense over anything else.

We had 177 yards our 3 drives in the 4th leading up to that sissy move by Ron.....we were unstoppable. We quit playing ball contro

Atl couldn't stop Cam....Atl wants us to slow play and playa Shula ball. There best shot. They can potentially contain or stop a run.....they have shown zero ability to stop a QB. They can't pressure or cover

We had 177 yards our 3 drives in the 4th leading up to that sissy move by Ron.....we were unstoppable. We quit playing ball contro

Atl couldn't stop Cam....Atl wants us to slow play and playa Shula ball. There best shot. They can potentially contain or stop a run.....they have shown zero ability to stop a QB. They can't pressure or cover

We had done nothing all game going into the 4th Q. The score was 13-3 and Cam had already thrown two INT. We had no choice but to throw to try and catch up.

CAR Panthers News @CarPanthersNews 7h7 hours ago

FACT: the Falcons have the 32nd ranked defense and are the ONLY defense to have given up over 6,000 total yards this season. #BEATATL

CAR Panthers News @CarPanthersNews 35m35 minutes ago

Facts: the Falcons defense is tied for the most 1st downs allowed and are the worst team in the NFL at stopping teams on 3rd down. #RiseDown

The Panthers have just two injuries heading into the NFC South title game. Linebacker A.J. Klein (ankle) is questionable and running back DeAngelo Williams (hand) is probable. Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones (oblique) and running back Steven Jackson (thigh) are questionable, but Jackson looks unlikely to play. Cornerbacks Robert McClain (illness) and Josh Wilson (hamstring) are also questionable for Atlanta.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/26/week-17-injury-report-roundup-3/

corey brown @phillybrown10 43m43 minutes ago

Game ready

Bucky Brooks @BuckyBrooks Dec 25

The @Panthers are 3-0-1 when scoring 24+ pts.; 1-6 when scoring fewer than 17 pts in 2014 #CARvsATL

All of this tells me we start fast & continue to score. Shula will surprise. Brown will be a bigger part of our offense, Olsen is going to kill them, KB will get his. Stewart will close it up with Cam doing what Cam does. :)  We'll stop their run, Julio Jones will be hampered & we'll get to Ryan, by CJ & group mostly because our DB's will have good coverage & Davis will have a game to remember, all orchestrated by Kuechly.

We got this. KEEP POUNDING!

We had done nothing all game going into the 4th Q. The score was 13-3 and Cam had already thrown two INT. We had no choice but to throw to try and catch up.

Yeah, we struggle do anything when we play Shula-ball heavy...little room for error. Specifically for Cam.

When Cam gets to let it flow....we consistantly look better.

All I am saying is based on the matchup....run, run, pass isn't a gameplan to attack there weakness.

Let's get up before we implement Shula ball 101. Atl D sucks. You don't need to go ball control out of the gate. Just BC there O looks better doesn't suddenly mean you treat them like Peyton Manning.

D sucks and O is a one man show.

Archived