• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Since picking 21st or later is now a legit possiblilty. . .

Dilla

Not likely to get Scherff, Stanley or Peat ... but Flowers and Collins are possibilities. Biggest dropoff will be rds 2 & 3.

i think one of those top three are actually a possibility at 21. It's not going to be like the past few years where there's multiple LTs in the top 5 or 10. The LTs this year aren't anywhere near the prospects that the past few drafts have had, and even those prospects haven't been doing well in the NFL.

Not likely to get Scherff, Stanley or Peat ... but Flowers and Collins are possibilities. Biggest dropoff will be rds 2 & 3.

That's the only reason i really wanted a top 10 pick was to take advantage of rounds 2 and 3

I feel like a top round 3 pick for gettlemen is a mid 2nd round pick in value

some OTs that could be available, are Flowers, Collins, Ogbuhei/ Stanley maybe, Clemmings, Sambrailo.

some DBs  Waynes, Peters,  Jalen Collins.

don't really see the panthers taking another WR in the first, unless its a top guy like Cooper.

pass rusher could be there as well. Fowler, Dupree, could get looked at as well.

some OTs that could be available, are Flowers, Collins, Ogbuhei/ Stanley maybe, Clemmings, Sambrailo.

some DBs  Waynes, Peters,  Jalen Collins.

don't really see the panthers taking another WR in the first, unless its a top guy like Cooper.

pass rusher could be there as well. Fowler, Dupree, could get looked at as well.

Agree with most of this.  I wouldn't be particularly thrilled with any of those DBs in the 1st, but I could see it happening.  Only DB I'd really want in the 1st is a strong SS candidate but I'm much more inclined to go with an OT, a top WR prospect or a very safe DE.

There should a few guys there, even that fit needs as a bonus. The talent isn't that big of drop off form 13ish to 21st, but that could change in a few months. If a few underclassmen forgo, that could make the talent drop off even smaller.

I hate to bring this up, but the best value at 21 could/should be DL. Annnnnnd we all know what dave will do....... prepare yourself cause that's what I believe will happen.

Agree with most of this.  I wouldn't be particularly thrilled with any of those DBs in the 1st, but I could see it happening.  Only DB I'd really want in the 1st is a strong SS candidate but I'm much more inclined to go with an OT, a top WR prospect or a very safe DE.

i wouldn't mind Landon Collins, SS from Bama but he should be gone before 21. all the other DBs that will have a 1st round grade will most likely be CBs. OT would be the preference, and i just don't see the panthers going WR again in the 1st. 

i wouldn't mind Landon Collins, SS from Bama but he should be gone before 21. all the other DBs that will have a 1st round grade will most likely be CBs. OT would be the preference, and i just don't see the panthers going WR again in the 1st. 

Yea, I don't either unless there's a guy that fits what we need (quick, good route runner type with good hands).  With Norman and Bene indisputably playing at least solid (some disagree on the extent of their rise to prominence) I think it would be a misuse of resources to spend an early pick (1st or 2nd) on a CB.  If we're picking in the playoff team range, I think our best value meets need pick would likely be OT.  Mid to low 1st seems to be where the top OTs of this draft are shuffling out.  I'm hoping for something like when the Pats got their LT (I forget his name) at the end of the 1st.

Archived