• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was keeping Peppers the right move?

firstdayfan

Judging a proven pro bowler off the preseason? We should probably cut Chris Harris and Jordan Gross too.

Nobody is judging Peppers, I merely presented the question of is he worth having on the team considering the lack of depth at several other areas. I understand his value and his talent but I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have veteren depth at DT, CB, and offensive line. Thats it, a simple question.

I don't think the Panthers thought they would ever have to pay the 18 million tender. They probably thought he would either sign a long term deal or be dealt for Jared Allen type compensation.

Is he worth his 18 mil cap number? Hell no. Charles Johnson is an NFL quality starting DE and could have filled in nicely for Peppers moving forward, all the while the Panthers could have upgraded 2 other starting positions and filled valuable reserve spots with that 18 million.

Pep was hustling a lot last night. He was in on a lot of tackles downfield. He almost got to Pennington one time but Pennington made a good play to step up. The bottom line is that losing Kemo hurt more than just stopping the run. He occupies blockers and pushes guys back so that Pep can put a move on and beat his blocker. He will get his tackles, sacks, FF, and probably INTs too. He didn't even play the whole game last night so idk how you can determine that it wasn't the right move to keep him??

You don't let go of players as talented as Peppers...He had 15 sacks last year, multiple FF, and forces pressure on QBs so that they make bad plays. He is worth keeping and I hope we get him signed long term. Right now I'm not worried about any other position other than DT. Its causing our LBs to get banged up and we are hemorrhaging rushing yards. The worst part is that there aren't any impact players we can get without giving up a player that could hurt us at another position.

Kemo did not help in the pass rush. He did his best, but the o-line knew who was trouble. He rarely pushed the pocket and usually was taken out of the game on passing situations, that should tell you something.

He can clog a lane but you're making him sound like jenkins.

I don't think the Panthers thought they would ever have to pay the 18 million tender. They probably thought he would either sign a long term deal or be dealt for Jared Allen type compensation.

Is he worth his 18 mil cap number? Hell no. Charles Johnson is an NFL quality starting DE and could have filled in nicely for Peppers moving forward, all the while the Panthers could have upgraded 2 other starting positions and filled valuable reserve spots with that 18 million.

This

Archived