• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was keeping Peppers the right move?

firstdayfan

I was leading the charge to turn him loose and drop the baggage and now am happy he is here an hope he signs long-term as that is the only way we will know he really wants to be here.

This discussion will hopefully not come up in the future as I expect pep to have a great year. That said there is NOTHING that has happened thus far that bears bringing this bitter arguemnt to the forefront yet.

Settle down people.

I've seen one thing. They don't run towards his side. That's one he has going for him. So now they just run to the other side and blow the end and richard marshall up and Godfrey will whiff on the tackle... I love it.

exactly. Teams obivously take into account Peppers and try to limit his ability to make plays.....if we could get some solid play somewhere else on the DL it would drastically help the entire defense.

I would love to keep Peppers but we already offered to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league, what more can the team do? All I do know, is that there is no way in hell we should franchise him again. After this season, if he still doesn't want to be here, let him go. There is no reason to hold him hostage and destroy our salary cap in the process. No player is worth that.

No because we lost our depth at OL, our long snapper, and our KR/PR just to name a few. Peppers isn't worth breaking the bank for, he isn't that elite player that you have to look out for every down, only when he feels like it.

With the exception of Hangartner, I don't think the FO was really bothered about the others. In fact we made a move to replace Kyle with someone younger, not a salary move in the least, and Mark Jones was just here as a stop gap measure, we felt we could do better with some of the talent coming out of the draft/UDFA's.

He doesn't even have one. I think we are going to have another repeat of 2007. Just a hunch.

Doubt it. He is playing for a contract. Ether here or somewhere else so he will have to work to get his money. Also he is not gonna have pushover teams like last year so he cant just coast threw some games like he did last year.

Archived