• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers with 3 on SI all rookie team, KB not one

ctrcat

Not really.

Not saying that it was intentional, but there seems to be a cynical and negative undertone in regards to both Ealy and Benwikere. 

To be honest, there really is no reason to mention KB at all in this thread, but the thread is really about KB, now isn't it? 

I guess.

However, you know where that comes from?

Fans love KB, and feel he should be on the list, regardless of the competition at WR.

Meanwhile, some of the other positions can be so poor/uncompetitive that a guy like Benwikere can be injured for several games and not start, and they still make this list, though deserving.

For those that saw the other thread where I said I don't like Trai because he hasn't re-signed with the Panthers in my Madden franchise:

I franchised him twice and he still wouldn't sign. Signed a MASSIVE contract with the Titans. fug that guy.

But in real life we're good.

Hahaha. You need to stop low balling him. Make a real offer. One that shows his true value.

For those that saw the other thread where I said I don't like Trai because he hasn't re-signed with the Panthers in my Madden franchise:

I franchised him twice and he still wouldn't sign. Signed a MASSIVE contract with the Titans. fug that guy.

But in real life we're good.

lol should try turning off salary cap and offer 6 year 240m contract go full Hurney :P

Its must be a really weak class if Ealy who didn't do nothing for 75% of the season , Bene who has not even starting and Turner who was injured to make the rookie team

here's another list by Dan Hope, editor of buffalobillsdraft.com

He had:

KB the #3 WR behind Beckham and Evans and the #10 overall best overall rookie

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2227719-nfl-week-17-rookie-rankings-surveying-rookie-class-post-week-16#/articles/2227719-nfl-week-17-rookie-rankings-surveying-rookie-class-post-week-16/page/2

Ealy the #3 DE behind Timmy Jernigan (2nd R, had 4 sacks this year) and Zach Kerr (undrafted, had 3 sacks this year). So weak year for rookie DEs

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2227719-nfl-week-17-rookie-rankings-surveying-rookie-class-post-week-16#/articles/2227719-nfl-week-17-rookie-rankings-surveying-rookie-class-post-week-16/page/10

Turner (3rd R) not in the list of best rookie OGs. He had six: Martin (1st R) and Bitonio (2nd R) of course. Gabe Jackson (3rd R) and Mewhort (2nd R) i can see, not familiar with the other two: Weston Richburg (2nd R), and Linder of Miami (3rd after we took Turner)

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2227719-nfl-week-17-rookie-rankings-surveying-rookie-class-post-week-16#/articles/2227719-nfl-week-17-rookie-rankings-surveying-rookie-class-post-week-16/page/8

Benwikere (5th R) not in the list of best rookie CBs. He had five: E.J. Gaines (6th R), Roby (1st R), Fuller (1st R), Bashaud Breeland (4th R), Phillip Gaines (3rd R)

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2227719-nfl-week-17-rookie-rankings-surveying-rookie-class-post-week-16#/articles/2227719-nfl-week-17-rookie-rankings-surveying-rookie-class-post-week-16/page/13

He has Seantrel Henderson as a Top 5 rookie OT, i still can't believe no OT-needy team drafted him, especially us

I guess.

However, you know where that comes from?

Fans love KB, and feel he should be on the list, regardless of the competition at WR.

I love KB too.

But as has been pointed out repeatedly in the sports media from about the halfway point in this season, this may be a legendary draft class overall when it comes to WR.

Coming in 3rd in such a draft class ain't a bad thing, especially when its apparent that KB will only be getting BETTER.

If Philly had started this entire season, he'd be on the team too.

Like I said KB vs Evans is definitely debatable.  My bias is leaning toward KB of course and I could make a good argument for it.  OBJ is out of the discussion.  He is so far ahead its not even a fair comparison.  If 2 WR are on the rookie team then OBJ  has the one sewn up. 

OBJ is putting up historically monster numbers. He is going to end up with close to 1300 yards and probably 12 touchdowns.   If he would have played the first 4 games he would have probably been knocking on 1600 (1400 is the rookie record), 14-17 touchdowns (17 is the record).

So are you saying Philly would have been able to jump the KB, Evans, Watkins, Matthews?

I like Philly as much as the next man..but he wouldn't have been mentioned this year.

KB drooped a lot of passes. He doesn't Deserve recognition.

Lol. He was thrusted into #1 wide receiver role as a rookie. Is on pace to finish with 10 tds and 1000 yards and he doesn't deserve recognition. Makes 0 sense. He absolutely deserves it. Especially since everybody doubted him pre-draft. Do concentration drops need to improve yes. This is rookie recognition not pro-bowl or

Archived