• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Iphone/Ipod Touch app you'd like to see...

shinner

Right now....I wish there was a NFL version of MLB at Bat '09. Great little app it is. For $10 you can choose to listen to either the home or away radio feed of every game and if you have the latest fw, you can watch select games.

There's also a free version which only gives you live scoring but there are plenty of NFL apps that do that now.

But NFL audio is what I'd like, because pre-season games generally aren't on TV outside the local area. Once the season starts, you can keep up with things via DirecTV's new mobile app (assuming you have DirecTV, Sunday Ticket and Superfan).

If you have sirius, you can pay the extra couple dollars for premium subscription and use the sirius app to listen to NFL games or any other sirius channels.

Recently switched over to XM but I think you can do the same as they use the same app....pisses me off that they charge for online listening now. Sirius never used to, was part of your sub. Guess once the merger happened and XM already was charging they figured hey, why not. I might have to look into what it costs...might not be worth it though because like I said, I can use DirecTV's new mobile app to watch the games since I sub to NFL ST/SF.

EDIT: Just looked into the SiriusXM online app and found this:

Some select programming, including MLB Play-by-Play, NFL Play-by-Play, SIRIUS NASCAR Radio, and Howard Stern, will not be available on the iPhone and iPod touch.

For the most part, I've been fairly unhappy with the switch to XM from Sirius. I did it to get the best of both worlds....that is to say, all the MLB, NHL & NFL games. If Sirius would have worked out a deal with MLB before this season started (as they were supposed to be doing), I'd still be with them.

Anyway...I get TONS of dropouts with XM. Just around town next to buildings that are no more than 2 or 3 floors high. Never had a problem with Sirius. Never. I would lose Sirius coming out of the alley at the end of my street because it was almost like driving through a tunnel made of trees and I'd lose it under the overhang at the bank, but that's about it. With XM I lose the signal very often. Very disappointed in this as I had read loads and loads of people talking about how XM had such a superior signal distribution compared to Sirius.

If Sirius ever added all MLB and NHL games to the "Best of XM" service, I'd have no hesitation in moving back to Sirius' hardware.

Archived