• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I am convinved. Rosario is being misused

top dawg

I realize that some of you are drinking the Barnidge Kool-Aid, and I like the kid too, but I just like Rosario better. Rosario is a bigger, more athletic target who catches what is thrown his way, and looks to be improving at blocking (and it shows). Good things seem to happen when Jake throws the ball to him. Fox and the OC need to keep Rosario (as well as all the TEs, really) into the flow of the game. If they don't, all parties involved are missing out on opportunities to extend, or even make drives.

the source of the barnidge koolaid was the team who kept putting barnidge with the first team and who kept playing him as a receiver and kept targeting him.

He was one of Jake's favorite targets. tonight both king and rosario stepped up, esp. rosario.

truthfully i don't care who gets the job. i'm just glad they are getting the love.

I have been disappointed in Rasoiro for most of last season and this preseason. However, I felt from the time the Panthers drafted him that he had the tools to be a TE in the same fashion as a Tony Gonzeles or Antonio Gates.

I really found it interesting the article from a couple of days back that talked about how after Smith came back from his two game suspension that Rasorio had less looks from Jake and as a result started not playing as well. There are two issues here if that is the case. 1)Rasorio has to grow up and get over it. Probably in the long run by doing that he only hurt himself and his team. 2)Jake needs to work on communication and bonding with more than just his 2 BFF Smitty and Moose. I don't think this is a issue of spreading the ball around or the lack thereof of Delhomme. However, if Jake had a good, communitive relationship with Rasoiro to begin that situation would have never happened.

We are already planning on using all 3 TE's extensively throughout the season, so how is Rosario being misused? Barnidge is a better every down option simply because he's a better blocker and just as athletic.

You may think he is just as athletic. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

@ Brandon

And, yeah you say that we plan to use the TEs extensively, but I believe that I have heard that before. Once the season starts, we'll see what happens.

We were passing a lot out of 3TE sets in camp... I've never seen them do anything like that before at TC.

3 TE sets where 2 of them are playmakers could be deadly. Naturally a straight up power rushing set with a deep pattern.. defenses would pay dearly if they were to respect the run.. and after DeAngelo singlehandedly made Miami look silly last night.. They will certainly do that.

it's pretty evident that they plan on keep all the te's active. they look pretty decent, i thought rosario had his second best game as a panther tonight. we found out last season that he is not consistent tho.

Not consistent, or just rarely used? He looked great when Steve Smith was out, but was rarely thrown to after that.

Archived