• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Connor

Ja  Rhule

Connor kind of reminds me of Dan Morgan, but maybe at just 9/10ths. He really plays hard to the ball, I think he'd do a great job starting at Sam either this year or next.

The only commonality is that they're white. Dan Morgan is the most athletic linebacker we've ever had. Dan Connor is probably the least, but one of the smartest. They both play hard, but you won't find too many linebackers that can get away with not playing that way.... which is why Peppers never would have worked out as a 3-4 LB.

Morgan was a freak of nature. A once in a lifetime kind of talent with the drive to match. The only downfall being his propensity for injury.

The only commonality is that they're white. Dan Morgan is the most athletic linebacker we've ever had. Dan Connor is probably the least, but one of the smartest. They both play hard, but you won't find too many linebackers that can get away with not playing that way.... which is why Peppers never would have worked out as a 3-4 LB.

Morgan was a freak of nature. A once in a lifetime kind of talent with the drive to match. The only downfall being his propensity for injury.

Connor plays very fast, I've watched him very carefully every play he's in. Not to mention he also has that same nose for the ball that Morgan did, if there's a tackle Dan's name almost always comes up.

If by most athletic you mean the second most behind beason then you would be correct...

The only one? They are both named Dan. :)

If by most athletic you mean the second most behind beason then you would be correct...

Davis and Anderson are easily more athletic. I need to see more of Conner to see if he is more athletic than Diggs, but Diggs is no slouch. Strong and fast, it just starting to take him some time to accelerate.

Least athletic? You're kidding, right?

Check out Connor's combine numbers. He doesn't have great straight-line speed but his shuttle and cone drills were excellent. He also doesn't have great hands. But he's got the great instincts and one of the best noses for the ball you'll ever see. He's also got a great initial burst and outstanding quickness.

And frankly, I don't care what the measurements say. When you're a linebacker and finish at Penn State as their leader in career tackles, when you're a first team all-american, and if you win the Bednarik award then by God, you're an athlete and a half. That stuff just doesn't happen otherwise.

On a semi-related note, have you seen Jeremy Leman's college stats? Judge these guys by their careers and not by the combine some time...

Least athletic? You're kidding, right?

Check out Connor's combine numbers. He doesn't have great straight-line speed but his shuttle and cone drills were excellent. He also doesn't have great hands. But he's got the great instincts and one of the best noses for the ball you'll ever see. He's also got a great initial burst and outstanding quickness.

And frankly, I don't care what the measurements say. When you're a linebacker and finish at Penn State as their leader in career tackles, when you're a first team all-american, and if you win the Bednarik award then by God, you're an athlete and a half. That stuff just doesn't happen otherwise.

On a semi-related note, have you seen Jeremy Leman's college stats? Judge these guys by their careers and not by the combine some time...

Can I get an AMEN!:thumbsup:

Davis and Anderson are easily more athletic. I need to see more of Conner to see if he is more athletic than Diggs, but Diggs is no slouch. Strong and fast, it just starting to take him some time to accelerate.

Morgan would have been Urlacher 2.0 if he could have stayed healthy.

He was an absolute beast. His only weakness was his ability to stay on the field. He would have been the best one of the best players in Panthers history, if not the best. 2nd most talented player this franchise has ever had, sadly behind Peppers.

It still bugs me that he didnt get to fulfill his career. But atleast he is not retarded from concussions.

Archived