• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where's Sherrod Martin at??

panthersphan

Hey lets talk about a real concern.. Where the hell is godfrey at? He used to be a decent hitter. I've looked at several plays where this scheme is counting on him to come up and lay the damn wood and he's looking scared.

Now, that I can agree with. Still, there is no reason to panic. It's still only pre season, and they're all trying to learn something new.

Still though, tackling is tackling. You can either do it, or you can't.

i really think we should put godfrey back at corner,bc he hasnt shown that he can come up and make a hit.......rather have sherrod back there instead of him......

Honestly, I don't mind that idea...maybe Wesley at FS? He's playing pretty well, solid veteran...I just don't know if he's 'starter material'...Is he?

Godfrey seems like a softy...and we can't have soft Safeties, let alone a soft #30!

Thank you. I'm glad somebody else was paying attention.

Anyway, Martin hasn't looked like a superstar or anything, but he hasn't sucked either. He has had pretty decent coverage so far, and I was encouraged by how he played the run when he got the chance. He looks like a rookie, which is normal.

I think we are seeing the same things in Martin. After reviewing the game, the one area in which he really needs to improve is getting off blocks. His form isn't horrible, but I think he needs to get stronger. Other than shedding blocks, he played pretty well.

Sherrod Martin made a great run stopping play tonight, and he had at least one pass break-up in the Giants game. He's doing fine.

He isn't doing as well as a second rounder should. He is being outplayed by a seventh rounder, and guys that have been in danger of being cut every year. The great run stopping play, was far from great. He got blown up and then the rb tripped over him on the way to the endzone. I think he will improve, but he isn't playing very well

I don't think he's getting outplayed by Munnerlyn at all, and that's BS that the rb tripped over him. He got behind the line and wrapped the guy up. It was an excellent play. He and Gamble were both bringing the RB's down this weekend.

Martin's been mostly invisible, which is good for a CB. The plays I've seen him on he's either broken up or been draped all over the guy when he caught it. I've been impressed.

And I think Wilson and Wesley are playing "ahead" of him so he can get more time in the slot.

He isn't doing as well as a second rounder should. He is being outplayed by a seventh rounder, and guys that have been in danger of being cut every year. The great run stopping play, was far from great. He got blown up and then the rb tripped over him on the way to the endzone. I think he will improve, but he isn't playing very well

I don't get it. What criteria are you guys using to come to the conclusion that Munnerlyn is outplaying Martin at CB? Is it just because most of you didn't want to draft Martin in the first place, or have you actually seen something on the field that I somehow missed?

BTW, that was a 240lb RB that Martin tackled at the LOS, so he was pretty smart to go low, IMO. And he did tackle the guy...I don't know where you're getting this "on his way to the endzone" crap.

Archived