• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where's Sherrod Martin at??

panthersphan

Martin has looked more like a undrafted rookie free agent than a second round pick.

I disagree. I've seen Martin make some plays, and his name was called tonight when he blew up that 240lb RB at the LOS.

I like Munnerlyn too, but that's beside the point.

....And at least two very badly missed tackles and he was burned on a very long pass play.

I'd say he's doing mediocre.

Actually, you are incorrect. On both of the "missed" tackles, Martin had been blocked and did not have clean shots at the back. On the long pass play, I am assuming you are talking about the one in which the receiver badly beat the DB, and if it was a good throw would have been an easy TD. Well, the problem here is that Martin was not even on the field for that play. It was #32 D.J. Clark that blew that coverage.

Munnerlyn lined up a few times against the first and second stringers. Miami threw away from him, just like NY. Mofo's are scared of a ROOKIE. It's not that Martin is doing poorly, Munnerlyn is just doing that well.

edit: sorry, SMF. I didn't mean to quote you on that post.

Sorry, but this is not the case. I went back and rewatched the game, and focused on both Martin and Munnerlyn. And other than St, at no point did Munnerlyn line up with the 1st and 2nd stringers. Munnerlyn first entered the game at 9:34 of the 4th quarter while Martin first entered the game at the 11:29 mark of the 3rd quarter.

Based on this game, the depth chart stands as:

Gamble

Marshall

Wilson

Wesley

Martin

Munnerlyn

Sorry, but this is not the case. I went back and rewatched the game, and focused on both Martin and Munnerlyn. And other than St, at no point did Munnerlyn line up with the 1st and 2nd stringers. Munnerlyn first entered the game at 9:34 of the 4th quarter while Martin first entered the game at the 11:29 mark of the 3rd quarter.

Based on this game, the depth chart stands as:

Gamble

Marshall

Wilson

Wesley

Martin

Munnerlyn

lol I was bout to say... I didn't see him at all with the 1st or 2nd stringers. Gamble got 3 INTs and a career high 18 PDs last season. Lucas got 2 INTs with 10 PDs. I guess that means Gamble sucks and Lucas was the best CB since QBs threw more to Gamble. :rolleyes:

Hey lets talk about a real concern.. Where the hell is godfrey at? He used to be a decent hitter. I've looked at several plays where this scheme is counting on him to come up and lay the damn wood and he's looking scared.

I have yet to see a good play from Godfrey this pre season......should be a HUGE CONCERN for the team. Teal seems to have more confidence.

Actually, you are incorrect. On both of the "missed" tackles, Martin had been blocked and did not have clean shots at the back. On the long pass play, I am assuming you are talking about the one in which the receiver badly beat the DB, and if it was a good throw would have been an easy TD. Well, the problem here is that Martin was not even on the field for that play. It was #32 D.J. Clark that blew that coverage.

Thank you. I'm glad somebody else was paying attention.

Anyway, Martin hasn't looked like a superstar or anything, but he hasn't sucked either. He has had pretty decent coverage so far, and I was encouraged by how he played the run when he got the chance. He looks like a rookie, which is normal.

Archived