• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Running Backs by the Numbers

Jeremy Igo

Bell and Lynch are truly spectacular backs who are way better than a kid like Anderson. Anderson in Denver could put up those stats for 16 games because they have to respect the pass more than the run, but he wouldn't do that well in Seattle or Pittsburgh, in my opinion.

Lynch wasn't spectacular for years....neither was Bell out that gate (this is actually his only year showing off)....

Yes, Denver has a complete team. That helps. Thier pass game now is smart more than dangerous. Cold weather Broncos pass attack is more hype than reality.....Anderson can play.

Unless you plan on building a poo offense.,,,,you don't need a Peterson RB. Watch if Murray sits this week.....those RBS will go off too in Dallas. They have an OL and pass attack

Lynch wasn't spectacular for years....neither was Bell out that gate (this is actually his only year showing off)....

Yes, Denver had a complete team. That helps. Thier pass game now is smart more than dangerous. Cold weather Broncos pass attack is more hype than reality.....Anderson can play.

Unless you plan on building a poo offense.,,,,you don't need a Peterson RB. Watch of Murray sits this week.....those RBS will go off too in Dallas. They have an OL and pass attack

It depends on how you want to build. The Seahawks have 100% built around Lynch offensively and he opens up the passing game for them. He is the only reason on offense that they have made the playoffs the past 2 years let alone win it all. With Cam I don't think we need an elite RB, but think what we could do with both.

As for Dallas, that's not gonna happen. Martin and Free probably won't play so they would struggle to run the ball without Murray.

Bell improved a lot from last year and the main thing is that he lost weight. He actually did very well his rookie year despite having lingering injuries and a mediocre line. And Lynch was great with the Bills he was just stuck in a timeshare.

Yes, Denver had a complete team. That helps. Thier pass game now is smart more than dangerous. Cold weather Broncos pass attack is more hype than reality.....Anderson can play.

Unless you plan on building a poo offense.,,,,you don't need a Peterson RB. Watch of Murray sits this week.....those RBS will go off too in Dallas. They have an OL and pass attack

Speaking of Denver they ran their 6th round pick RB to 2 Super Bowl wins.

3 or 4 great years is literally all you should expect from a RB. An Emmitt Smith is an aberration.

Already been over this, Stewart isn't going anywhere. His recent restructure makes it almost impossible for us to cut him for the next three years.

Stew shouldn't go anywhere either. His hurntract makes him easy to bash but the fact of the matter is he is a dynamic runner and if a FT starter would easily be in consideration for one of the top RBs in the league.

so you are saying Dallas,Pittsburgh,and Seattle should have waited until later rounds to land their featured back?

Edit-Buffalo Bills drafted Marshawn Lynch.

I'm saying in today's NFL, unlike other offensive skill positions, you can find good RB talent later on than years prior.

Guys drafted now in rounds 4-5 use to go in rounds 2-3. Nothing about the talet changed

We'll have to keep Stewart at least another season which is fine by me.  

Ideally, I'd like to see a Stewart/Late Rounder/Fozzy backfield next year.  Since Fozzy can be a good receiving-back, I'd like to shoot for a balanced back with good blocking abilities and a solid speed-power combo.  Jeremy Langford would be the type I'd hope we look at come draft time.

Tolbert would be a hard but potentially helpful cut and D'lo will most likely be out of here.  

I'm saying in today's NFL, unlike other offensive skill positions, you can find good RB talent later on than years prior.

Guys drafted now in rounds 4-5 use to go in rounds 2-3. Nothing about the talet changed

look at Eddie Lacy last years OROY drafted in the second round pick 61.Le'Veon Bell drafted in the second round pick 48 of the 2013 NFL draft.Jermey Hill drafted in round two pick 55 of the 2014 NFL draft,already has 877yards rushing this season. and what do all three of these players have in common;first round talent for the cost of a second round pick.

so finding a featured back in the 4th or 5th round is alot more difficult than one would imagine.but finding first round talent in the second has been the most successful trend as of late in finding quality featured backs in the draft.

in my humble opinion, Tolbert has to go.

It looks like he really put on the weight this past offseason.. hes way to fat at this point. Hes just slow and sluggish.

Even if hes a great player we dont use him the way the his salary says we should use him.

Needs to go imo.

And age....you don't want 30 yr olds. Young man's position

Archived