• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Running Backs by the Numbers

Jeremy Igo

Yea, I think Tolbert stays.  It's not a guarantee, but he's definitely useful when healthy (and he hasn't had issues before this year).  And he's not expensive, like $2mil a year right?  I think Stewart/Tolbert/either Fozzy or a mid round draft pick will be more than sufficient.  If our RB corps gets decimated again like this year, we can always pick someone off the street like we did with Fozzy and Ogbannaya to fill in.  A solid OL will make it easier for that to work.

top three NFL rushing leaders and where they were selected in the NFL draft

1.DeMarco Murray round three pick 71

2.Le'Veon Bell round two pick 48

3.Marshawn Lynch round 1 pick 12

and Tevin Coleman has the potential to join this group in the near future.but a fourth or fifth is a bit of a reach,imho.

Those are also simply the rare featured RBs....so they have the best stats.

You give an undrafted kid like CJ Anderson featured RB snaps for 16 games and he would have top 5 stats too

heck he probably isn't the only RB in Denver that could have those numbers with heavy reps

Yea, I think Tolbert stays.  It's not a guarantee, but he's definitely useful when healthy (and he hasn't had issues before this year).  And he's not expensive, like $2mil a year right?  I think Stewart/Tolbert/either Fozzy or a mid round draft pick will be more than sufficient.  If our RB corps gets decimated again like this year, we can always pick someone off the street like we did with Fozzy and Ogbannaya to fill in.  A solid OL will make it easier for that to work.

I believe we keep Stew and Fozzy for the 1 -2 punch and use Tolbert with 2013 scheme. The O-line has improved in the run game and with a Drafted OT we should have top running game next season.

You give an undrafted kid like CJ Anderson featured RB snaps for 16 games and he would have top 5 stats too

heck he probably isn't the only RB in Denver that could have those numbers with heavy reps

its TALENT and thats exactly what we need in our backfield not some project to groom as our featured back.

Bell and Lynch are truly spectacular backs who are way better than a kid like Anderson. Anderson in Denver could put up those stats for 16 games because they have to respect the pass more than the run, but he wouldn't do that well in Seattle or Pittsburgh, in my opinion.

Also of note the Seahawks acquired Lynch for a 4th round pick and a conditional, that is where the value was, Bills didn't get much from their original 1st round selection of Lynch.

As the Panthers haven't received value from the Stewart selection, or DWill for that matter especially when you factor the cap space those two have absorbed.

The 1st round Stewart selection also snow balled that same year into the idiot Hurney sending massive future/current draft picks to the Eagles so he could select Otah, we all know where that ended up.

Archived