• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julio Jones didn't practice again today

Jeremy Igo

Nope. I've always preferred aggressiveness to the "play not to lose" mentality. Rivers doesn't trust the players...

Had we been aggressive and thrown an int or fumbled, so be it. I'd rather lose trying to win than lose being a chicken ass chicken.

I would rather win by playing for the FG than lose trying to be agressive....which is what woudl have likely happened if Gano had not pulled the kick.

I would rather win by playing for the FG than lose trying to be agressive....which is what woudl have likely happened if Gano had not pulled the kick.

So you're saying you trust our STs and prevent D and RR's scared coaching with a 1 pt lead and 90 seconds on the clock?

I don't.  I've seen the results of that too many times.

How anyone can say they would rather try to win by "playing for a field goal" is beyond me at this point.

The one season where our staff actually had some balls, and coached to win, we won the division and went to the playoffs.

As for the other three seasons, you see what "playing for a field goal" got us then don't you? Losing records, and waiting for the draft.

Stop settling for mediocrity.

And being too agressive and throwing an int ends the game.

If we had been in FG range (like we were) and had thrown an int, all of you would be screaming for RR's head saying how stupid of a coachng move it was to call a passing play....because God knows none of you would have blamed Cam for the int.

I realize where you are coming from but playing scared does not pay off in the long run.It sends a message to the team that you have no confidence in their ability to pick up needed yardage.

I realize where you are coming from but playing scared does not pay off in the long run.It sends a message to the team that you have no confidence in their ability to pick up needed yardage.

90% of the coaches in the league would have played it the same way.

Just because a bunch of idiot madden wannabe coaches and GM's think they know how to only makes these discussions more amusing.

90% of the coaches in the league would have played it the same way.

Just because a bunch of idiot madden wannabe coaches and GM's think they know how to only makes these discussions more amusing.

Where did you get  that 90% stat poo? Pulled it out of the air,thought so.:) That select few that would have made that decision are probably going to be sweating to see if they retain their job Black  Monday

What a big risk it would be to run a play on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd down.

we just couldnt afford to take that chance. instead lets boot a 50 yard FG and go u by 2 with a minute and a half to play against a good O with a tired and frankly what was a poor D

calculated decision making alright!!

have you ever enjoyed one day in your life

I love my life. Great family...great friends...great education ...great job...poo ton of money.

I will just keep amusing myself here reading how a bunch of people who are underachievers in their menial jobs know more about coaching in the nfl than those who are paid six and seven figures to do so.

Archived