• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Johnny Manziel....

Jeremy Igo

At least this 3-4 has one of the worst run defenses in the league. If Stewart can go ham, we just need to stay ahead of them and control the clock. Just can't get burnt by Gordon or let the shrimp-douche make a big run.

Have we run on a 3-4 D this season?

Hopefully Ron payed attention to what they did as a defense which they figured out early and never looked back... This should actually work well for us because we pretty much solely play zone schemes and thats what the bengals did after running man coverage in the first few plays of johnnys start.

Have we run on a 3-4 D this season?

The notable 3-4 blowout teams are 3rd and 11th against the run.  We're going against the 31st ranked run defense.  I'm not falling for this whole 3-4 curse or whatnot.  Given our momentum recently on the run and blocking side of things, there should be no excuses for not being able to run the ball come Sunday.  

I watched the game too, and I can probably only remember one decent throw by Manziel... and that's all it was - decent.

The dude's arm strength is terrible.  Every single one of his passes were floaters just waiting to get picked off.  That's likely going to be his biggest problem in the NFL.

If we can get pressure on him then we should have a couple of easy INTs this game.

Seriously, how many of these plays do you see working in the NFL from a 5 foot nothing quarterback with that sort of playstyle who isn't particularly fast, and a very questionable arm?  That isn't going to work against NFL defenders like it did in college where he'd only face an elite talent once in a while.  Every player he goes up against from here on out is elite compared to college.  This dude is a straight up media creation.

... that being said... he'll probably torch us for his first career win.

Hopefully Ron payed attention to what they did as a defense which they figured out early and never looked back... This should actually work well for us because we pretty much solely play zone schemes and thats what the bengals did after running man coverage in the first few plays of johnnys start.

I agree with you but your whole statement is predicated off of Ron paying attention.

One thing that I did think of today. Rivera needs to tell his defense that they better not mock Manizel until we are up by 30in the 4th. 

The Bengels drew at least one 15 yard penalty doing the money sign.

Gotta stay focus and give up any unnecessary penalties. 

Archived