• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Couple things on the Stew fumble play.....

Jeremy Igo

Why Bell alone? Which of the linemen are bulldozing anyone? See the guy who recovered the fumble? That was Kalil's block.

Maybe if Kalil was worth a spill of beans, he will hold his block long enough for a panther to recover the ball.

Kalil blocked his man 4 yards from the LOS and into the endzone... 

Ron liked the hustle he saw out there.  Said DWill wouldn't have fumbled.  He pointed out that Bell did his job and did it at a high level but both the RB and the TE failed to do the basics and really should thank Bell for being there.  His final thought on the fumble was that you just have to understand that its a process and sometimes a fumble is not a bad play.  The defense had great field position.

I think you forgot to use the sarcasm font. I got all the way to the "...fumble is not a bad play" part before I caught on.  Well played.

Why Bell alone? Which of the linemen are bulldozing anyone? See the guy who recovered the fumble? That was Kalil's block.

Maybe if Kalil was worth a spill of beans, he will hold his block long enough for a panther to recover the ball.

Blaming Ryan Kalil for Bell's failure, seriously?

Byron is a good guy, but that doesn't mean we are going to ignore how awful he has been as a starter for us.

LT should be a priority this offseason. The Byron Bell project should be over. Period.

Look at #67 and where his assignment ended up - a yard in the endzone. That's bulldozing.

That's why I am saying you don't know the scheme that was called. If it was an inside run, Bell did what he was supposed to do. You can see an extra block on the TB number 45 (looks like one of our TE acting as a FB) to the inside. And the WR is not even attempting to engage the CB to block him. All this and Bell's technique tell me it's an inside run. When the running back cuts it to the outside, you can't blame Bell for "not sealing the edge" just like you can't blame Kalil for his assignment recovering the fumble.

The biggest problem is/was Stewart's ball control.

If you have 11 defenders on top of you, you still do not fumble the football. He did it again at a critical time that could have potentially cost us the game at the end there.

Yea the line, and Bell in particular, aren't great but there has been immensely talented RB's that didn't last a season in the NFL because they couldn't stop fumbling the ball.

The blame on that lies with Stewart.

Actually you could argue that falls on Pretty Ricky more than anyone. That is the coach who should be making sure WRs aren't giving up early on plays and play to the whistle

I don't take it personal, Its much easier to make silly assumptions. I would have named Shula if I was calling him out. Positional coaches are more responsible for these smaller details of game play.

In regards to Corey turning his back on the play.

I think that speaks to the disconnect between our head coach, and the positional coaches he employs. This has been a problem with Ron since we hired him. He is too hands off with the offense. We need someone like Bruce Arians who is very much involved in all aspects.

Archived