• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When Your QB Knows More Than Your OC

chknwing

I think all we've seen from Shula over the last two seasons, and particularly this season, suggests otherwise. Also, since we drafted Newton, we've had fans around here (they know who they are) who have claimed that Newton cannot read defenses, and questioned his football IQ.

The correct playcall  suggestion by Cam was yet another example of him showing he's developing the abilty to read defenses. I have never questioned Cam's football IQ because i realized he had limited time and experience in college and would pick things up quickly, given a little time.

I think people don't give Cam enough credit for his football IQ... the kid really LOVES the game. He is not one of those really gifted atheletes who really don't care about their sport. Cam really studies and works his ass off to be good. I love having a QB like that, I can tell he was super engaged on the sideline focusing on the game. 

#1 really wants the Panthers to win.. and yeah he seems much more up to date on play calls and what defenses will do than Shula is. The game is constantly evolving and you have to be fluid.

His playcalling from last year to this year has not really changed....whether you like him or not is another question.

The difference between last year and this year has been talent and execution:

1. OLine has had all kinds of issues

2. Cam has not been 100% and his running ability was not there/utilized during most of the season

3. Defense has played nowhere near the level as last year....which puts a lot more pressure on the offense

Shula last year is Shula this year.

Exactly this... And it's exactly the problem. Can't have the same style team if it's not capable of being that. Shula did not adjust or adapt.

Can't run the same or have them long developing play behind these Uglies like we could the previous group..

Could've been more plays to protect a hurt Cam instead of sticking with what works regardless of the Franchise's well being...

Could've been a bit more aggressive because the D ain't the same, should've made more of the opportunites we had because the D ain't the same, would've been more entertaining if...

It was great last season, no doubt. But this is now, Shula's still handling business like he don't have 3 of 4 new receiving threats & 4 of 5 Mollies didn't change. KB ain't Smitty, Cotchery ain't Ginn, the situation has changed, but Mikey still likes it....

PA Power = $

The Pistol is an unstoppable formation, run or pass. I rarely get out of that formation, whatever variation of it. I've played online against solid guys that would put 9 in the box and blitz all the LB'S and there would still be huge running lanes. Doesn't work like that against AI but online it's amazing.

BTW, I only play with the Panthers and use their playboy on Offense.

The Pistol is an unstoppable formation, run or pass. I rarely get out of that formation, whatever variation of it. I've played online against solid guys that would put 9 in the box and blitz all the LB'S and there would still be huge running lanes. Doesn't work like that against AI but online it's amazing.

BTW, I only play with the Panthers and use their playboy on Offense.

Their playboy? Sounds kinky. 

I can stop Pistol no problem. Most people think stacking 9 in the box takes care of the run on Madden. That's not the case. 

I use a 3-4 defense online because I can stop the run better with that. 3-4 Odd or 3-4 Solid. Stops all variants of the Pistol. 

Archived