• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When Your QB Knows More Than Your OC

chknwing

I can not wait for the end of the season when Shula is put out of his misery.  I can see a difference when a qb calls an audible from what he sees in the defense, but jesus, when Cam realizes Shulas play is bullshit and suggests another one while on the sideline?

Shula said Newton was energetic and engaged on the sideline. He reviewed plays with Anderson and offered input.  In fact, when the offense was getting ready to take the field with 3:11 left in the game, Newton suggested a play-action pass. Shula went with it, and wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin made a 12-yard catch on a slant route."I was thinking pass but not that pass. I was like, 'Yeah, that sounds better,'  "Shula said. "He's got a lot of really good football ideas."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Shula-Offense-in-good-hands-with-Anderson/ffcf1627-4c84-492a-a872-736baca8f501

I can not wait for the end of the season when Shula is put out of his misery. I can see a difference when a qb calls an audible from what he sees in the defense, but jesus, when Cam realizes Shulas play is bullshit and suggests another one while on the sideline?

Shula said Newton was energetic and engaged on the sideline. He reviewed plays with Anderson and offered input. In fact, when the offense was getting ready to take the field with 3:11 left in the game, Newton suggested a play-action pass. Shula went with it, and wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin made a 12-yard catch on a slant route."I was thinking pass but not that pass. I was like, 'Yeah, that sounds better,' "Shula said. "He's got a lot of really good football ideas."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Shula-Offense-in-good-hands-with-Anderson/ffcf1627-4c84-492a-a872-736baca8f501

......Bwhahaha what hell of a season........

At some point I can see Shula being the best type of OC for Cam, where Cam has the freedom to call and read the game from the line and gets better with experience. 

This worries me as Cam seems to have built an understanding with Shula, if we replace him with a more rigid OC, things might go badly. 

the idea is for the coach to teach the qb, not the other way around.  Shula has nothing to offer Cam, hes useless.  If your gonna let Cam have 100% freedom, then just fire Shula and hire no one.

the idea is for the coach to teach the qb, not the other way around.  Shula has nothing to offer Cam, hes useless.  If your gonna let Cam have 100% freedom, then just fire Shula and hire no one.

Even Peyton has an OC.  You just need an OC that can either calm down or juice up the QB when he needs to.  They MUST be on the same page though.  You cant have a grizzled old miser calling runs when the QB sees passing opportunities and you cant have a jolly green R-tard calling triple option reverse half back read dive toss slant crack sweep slant z go QB kneel.

Even Peyton has an OC. You just need an OC that can either calm down or juice up the QB when he needs to. They MUST be on the same page though. You cant have a grizzled old miser calling runs when the QB sees passing opportunities and you cant have a jolly green R-tard calling triple option reverse half back read dive toss slant crack sweep slant z go QB kneel.

But that's my go-to call in madden :/

But it wasn't, so your entire hypothetical question is redundant.

You're missing the point. Calling one play that works does not mean you are suddenly knowledgeable than the OC. How many people on game day threads have not called for example a screen pass and then it works. Are they suddenly better than the OC?

Archived