• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And the highest rated tackle over the past 2 games is...

Jeremy Igo

Some of the replies when we signed Remmers on October 28 th are funny

lol I knew we would sign some loser at tackle that really wouldn't help us. This is his 6th team in 2 years. We now have 11 OL on the active roster. Can't remember when we've ever had that many before. 

Yes, becauseguard has been our biggestOL problem all season and keeps getting our QB killed. Lol...

*facepalm*

I'm seriously starting to think our front office and coaches have the IQ of a jar of mayonnaise. 

At this point I am concerned if it's simply ego getting in the way. Are we just simply hellbent on finding the next UDFA diamond in the rough?

Yes, but you don't have to sign him to a two year deal...

lol we sign mike mitchell to a 1 YEAR deal and this joker to 2. Brilliant 

So they keep rolling along with another UDFA off the practice squad. At least they are consistent. Just throw fat boys out there and hope for the best. 

Man, good thing we upgraded our existing group of horrible UDFA tackle corps with a proven, wily vet... 

wait...

what?

another UDFA you say?  On his sixth team?

Probably both - failure to recognize with Norwell and possibly Remmers (no idea how the guy looked in practice), maturation and overcoming of injury with Turner (a competent RT certainly helps as well).

You do realize that we signed Remmers on October 28 th ?  And was playing only about 4 weeks later ?  You want to sign a guy off another teams practice squad and start him the same week ?  In all fairness to Rivera and Gettleman  - they apparently found a diamond in a cesspool and some of you want to still bash them over the head.

If it weren't for Chandler getting injured, we may have never known what we had in Remmers.

Chandler, Garry Williams, and Foucalt all saw time before we even found Remmers.

Likewise Norwell probably never sees the field if not for Amini's injury. Plus he was behind the likes of Chris Scott and Velasco for awhile.

The 'hur hur just because somebody is a starter doesn't mean they're good because somebody has to start after all' angle doesn't really work here either because the play of gett's three guys (turner, norwell, remmers) can stand on its own by actual NFL standards.

Look past your Smitty butthurt and give him some damn credit. He has a rock solid scouting and talent evaluation background and it's showing through. The one thing he can't do is set the depth chart.

You do realize that we signed Remmers on October 28 th ? And was playing only about 4 weeks later ? You want to sign a guy off another teams practice squad and start him the same week ? In all fairness to Rivera and Gettleman - they apparently found a diamond in a cesspool and some of you want to still bash them over the head.

You did see the word 'possibly' in my post, right? Followed by my qualifying statement acknowledging that he may not have initially impressed in practice?

While it seems fair to assume that someone who has graded out (by PFF standards) as the best OT in the NFL the last few weeks would quickly show the talent to be an upgrade to Nate Chandler, one of the worst the entire season, my post did not jump to a conclusion.

The 'hur hur just because somebody is a starter doesn't mean they're good because somebody has to start after all' angle doesn't really work here either because the play of gett's three guys (turner, norwell, remmers) can stand on its own by actual NFL standards.

Look past your Smitty butthurt and give him some damn credit. He has a rock solid scouting and talent evaluation background and it's showing through. The one thing he can't do is set the depth chart.

At this point I think you are keeping Steve Smith's name more active here than anyone else. If that's your goal, you're a success.

we should not bet that he will be this solid for years to come.. we gambled on Nate Chandler because he played pretty well last year.. that didnt turn out too well

Chandler never looked very good though. He looked like an ok guard given the circumstances. We don't need to bet that he looks solid for years to come. All we need to do is bet that he is worth at least keeping around to be given the chance.

Archived