• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And the highest rated tackle over the past 2 games is...

Jeremy Igo

Wow good for him! It's also interesting to note that Robinson and Lane Johnson are around the top ten. I'm pretty sure both were struggling at the beginning of the year

Robinson is a smart kid and an athletic freak. 

He definitely started off slow this year.  For some reason, the Rams coaching staff decided to double-up on him in training camp and teach him guard *and* tackle.  The kids head was spinning at that point.  Would have been better off to keep him at one position IMO.  But, then again, maybe he wouldn't have been near as ready to take over the LT position when Jake Long went down (again) if they had.

He's already a beast in the running game.  And, as the grade in the OP shows, he's now starting to grade positive in pass blocking.  There's very few pass rushers in the NFL that can beat him on a speed rush when he gets his technique right and maybe one (J.J. Watt) that can beat him on a bull rush.

I am biased without a doubt when it comes to the kid, but I think he's a future repeat Pro Bowler in the making.

Ron didn't put a gun to Gettleman's head when he signed Chandler to a 3 year contract.

That contract was designed as an easy one to get out of in need though.

If we decide NOT to keep him at all next year, it will deficit our cap a mere $150K.  If we keep him as a backup next year and cut him after that season, we actually save money on the cap.

http://overthecap.com/player/nate-chandler/1187/

Happy they found him - goes to show you that Gettleman is a master talent evaluator.  He didn't bring in Nate Chandler or Byron Bell.  If anything I think those two starting is evidence the coaching staff stubbornly stuck with them.  But it's good to know they've got some quality young players coming up on the line. 

I realize some on the Huddle have given Gettleman a hard time but to his credit, he seems to keep pulling quality players out of a hat,so to speak, considering our limited cap situation.

It's making me depressed thinking about how a good OL could have put us over the top in this playoff race earlier in the season. Failure to recognize talent...or just the talent matured late in the season?

Probably both - failure to recognize with Norwell and possibly Remmers (no idea how the guy looked in practice), maturation and overcoming of injury with Turner (a competent RT certainly helps as well).

Archived