• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke the Peace Keeper

Jeremy Igo

Our D could really use 1 or 2 enforcers that aren't afraid to knock some guys down. Thomas Davis is pretty good about delivering clean legal hits but we need those guys that aren't afraid to get tossed if it means asserting dominance.

Luke is great at being the team leader and the good guy. We need those other guys too.

I doubt they are tracked but I swear TD delivers more crushing YET legal hits as you than anyone else in the league.

I love Josh's passion. But he needs to understand that savyy players are going to be baiting him on 3rd and long plays and late in the game to try and get a cheap first down.

He has to walk that line of keeping agressiveness and passion while still being smart

Norman did almost get in trouble there but for once yesterday his play was backing up his trash talk.  

He got beat on the early Evans TD which was a great throw and even better catch, but he locked him down the rest of the game.  Norman was also really good against Julio Jones a few weeks back.

Still early on, but Norman and Bene look a lot better at CB than what we've had recently

I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to find an article I read a while back (I think it was in the Panthers magazine). Anyway, it's about Luke and TD's relationship and one point that really stood out to me was how TD impressed upon Luke how much "chatter" can affect the game and his play.  Luke said something to the extent of, "TD told me that making a great play was good, but letting the guy know about the play you just made was just as important in the game". I think TD and Luke are both phenomenal at this. They toe the line, make the play and that has to be demoralizing to a player when he's mentally and physically abused.  I hope TD and Luke can help Josh Norman find that line, if they can, oh man he's going to be great.  

I'll keep looking for the article, it was a really good read.

EDIT:  Found the article: http://prod.static.panthers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/the-roar/volume-16_issue-03.pdf

I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to find an article I read a while back (I think it was in the Panthers magazine). Anyway, it's about Luke and TD's relationship and one point that really stood out to me was how TD impressed upon Luke how much "chatter" can affect the game and his play. Luke said something to the extent of, "TD told me that making a great play was good, but letting the guy know about the play you just made was just as important in the game". I think TD and Luke are both phenomenal at this. They toe the line, make the play and that has to be demoralizing to a player when he's mentally and physically abused. I hope TD and Luke can help Josh Norman find that line, if they can, oh man he's going to be great.

I'll keep looking for the article, it was a really good read.

EDIT: Found the article: http://prod.static.panthers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/the-roar/volume-16_issue-03.pdf

post-2285-14186600497_thumb.jpg

post-2285-14186600497_thumb.jpg

Archived