• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Credit the Defense for the Victory

Jeremy Igo

I wouldn't spend much time on the conversation. Same stuff with all of our past coaches. Defending them to the bitter end.

Coming from the guy who trashes every coach and half the players.  I just don't have an agenda and try to give folks the benefit of the doubt.  Something in short supply around here.  Particularly from many who have never coached at any level and would have no idea what makes a coach good or bad.

If TB would've capitalized off of some of DAs bad throws in the 4th, he'd be quite hated today.  Just saying.  

That being said, I don't think I would take another backup in the NFL right now over him.  Hassleback is right there but is getting way up there in age.  

If TB would've capitalized off of some of DAs bad throws in the 4th, he'd be quite hated today.  Just saying.  

That being said, I don't think I would take another backup in the NFL right now over him.  Hassleback is right there but is getting way up there in age.  

Hasselback hasn't played in like three years what the hell

I will have to disagree. Defense did not win it. They gave up a TD early. They let McCown run it in for another TD. The defense had one good quarter in the 3rd.

The defense gave up 17 points in about 20 minutes of play, and struggled to get the Bucs off the field for 70% of the time the defense played.

The difference was DA, KB, and Olsen. They kept drives alive all game. Kept the D fresh and kept coming up with clutch passes and receptions.

40 minutes of offensive control. 28 first downs. 60% of their offensive drives going for 6 plays or more with at least 3 minutes of control.

If the offense let's our defense play for close to 30 minutes, Carolina Panthers walk out with a loss.

And KB and Olsen did all this hurt. They spent their time on the sideline bent over talking with Vermillion.

CJ had a very good game and deserves lot of credit.  Still he is getting 20 million and better be great.  Anderson on the other hand makes something like 2 million and may be the best backup in the league right now.

But the poll. much like this thread was about performance in yesterday's game.  It is not the most logical thing to do to factor money into that simple equation. That's not what this is about. That is another discussion altogether.  

CJ is playing largely back to form now that he is over his injury. Sure he is getting overpaid somewhat, but he should be getting much more than Anderson. In the grand scheme of things he is (and has been) a top DE in the NFL. They get paid more than back-up QBs whether we like it or not. I am pretty sure that they are historically the second highest-paid position (other than top caliber QBs of course).

BTW, you compared Anderson to Manziel in the other thread, making a correlation between expectations of back-up QBs (in an apologetic type nature), and you rightly suggest that maybe Anderson is the best backup QB in the league right now.  I just find that slightly amusing.

I just finished rewatching the first half. The biggest credit I can give to DA that Cam absolutely needs to do is 'selling' a certain play that actually gets the defense to pause briefly. The other noteworthy item is DA made is mind up and set his feet light years ahead of Cam. If Cam can do these two things our offense will actually look like a threat.

But the poll. much like this thread was about performance in yesterday's game. It is not the most logical thing to do to factor money into that simple equation. That's not what this is about. That is another discussion altogether.

CJ is playing largely back to form now that he is over his injury. Sure he is getting overpaid somewhat, but he should be getting much more than Anderson. In the grand scheme of things he is (and has been) a top DE in the NFL. They get paid more than back-up QBs whether we like it or not. I am pretty sure that they are historically the second highest-paid position (other than top caliber QBs of course).

BTW, you compared Anderson to Manziel in the other thread, making a correlation between expectations of back-up QBs (in an apologetic type nature), and you rightly suggest that maybe Anderson is the best backup QB in the league right now. I just find that slightly amusing.

Taking money out of it Anderson impacted every play on offense and CJ impacted perhaps 50%. So all things considered Anderson was more impactful on the offensive end than CJ on the defensive just by the numbers. I would say the offense was more impactful except I know this is a team game and it takes both sides to win.

Archived