• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Credit the Defense for the Victory

Jeremy Igo

P55 never tires of defending Shula. I respect that, it must be exhausting.

You call it defending, I call it presenting the facts rather than using innuendo and opinion to beat the same dead horse.  You use this forum as your own bully pulpit to trash Shula at every turn.  I simply present the information or my opinion and let the chips fall where they may.

Do I think he is good coordinator?   No

Do I think he is as bad as he is portrayed here?  No

The truth is somewhere in between.  A place the huddle rarely ventures this year.

Yeah, I was surprised that so many in the poll were giving DA the game ball as opposed to CJ. DA gets a B- in my opinion. CJ gets an A+.

CJ had a very good game and deserves lot of credit.  Still he is getting 20 million and better be great.  Anderson on the other hand makes something like 2 million and may be the best backup in the league right now.

Is it wise to use the 4th quarter slop points against second string defenses we have seen this year?

Just like you don't exclude a big run like Stewart had against NO in his yards total last week, you don't exclude points that were earned versus points that were gimmes.  Unless you have an agenda against the OC and are looking for things to justify your already formed opinion.

Just like you don't exclude a big run like Stewart had against NO in his yards total last week, you don't exclude points that were earned versus points that were gimmes.  Unless you have an agenda against the OC and are looking for things to justify your already formed opinion.

Not really. Most teams don't face second string defenses in the 4th quarter as much as we have seen.

It is a fact that Shula has never had a touchdown scoring redzone offense in his college or pro career. Not much of an agenda there, unless the agenda is pointing out the obvious.

Not really. Most teams don't face second string defenses in the 4th quarter as much as we have seen.

It is a fact that Shula has never had a touchdown scoring redzone offense in his college or pro career. Not much of an agenda there, unless the agenda is pointing out the obvious.

No one would confuse his offenses with a chip kelly offense for sure.  But I thought he called a pretty good yesterday and opened up the playbook for Anderson, and that was my post.  That isn't to say I would be sorry to see him go.  I think Cam may be ready for a change and to make a leap forward. Continuity isn't as important now than it was in 2013 when Rivera picked him.

CJ had a very good game and deserves lot of credit.  Still he is getting 20 million and better be great.  Anderson on the other hand makes something like 2 million and may be the best backup in the league right now.

Well, if the discussion is value for production I would agree with you.

But I think overall, not taking money into consideration, Charles was much better at his position than Anderson yesterday.

Well, if the discussion is value for production I would agree with you.

But I think overall, not taking money into consideration, Charles was much better at his position than Anderson yesterday.

There is a reason that Johnson and Anderson make such different monies and why one is a starter and the other a career backup. Still I think much of the praise to Anderson is related to how hard it is for someone to come in on 3 days of practice and start after not playing for 12 weeks and still do as good a job as he did.

That should take nothing away from Johnson.

You still don't get it.

Every team every week has turnovers and penalties but most score 20 or 30 plus a game regardless. If you need absolute perfect execution to be a competent offense, then, welp.

I get it you don't like Shula. I couldn't care less if he goes or stays.

This team has an issue with talent...........period.

We threw the ball 40 times yesterday and had TOP of 37 mins.............with a back-up QB.

Hats off to the playcaller.

My biggest beef with Shula and has been since he became OC.........get the play in quicker.

Archived