• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Credit the Defense for the Victory

Jeremy Igo

Defense won it, but there were times where the coaching staff seemed to be content playing it safe on offense and letting the defense take care of business.  

This is RR's modus operandi, he always defaults to this and he hasn't learned.  I was surprised that they came out throwing on that last possession, but they still didn't press like I would have liked them to.

Serious question... has Johnson been fighting some kind of nagging injury this season?  He's been a totally different player these last two games.

Ealy had some flashes too. Nice to see.

The play calling still drives me crazy. In particular that one drive where we got it to the 25-20yd area and then threw 3 straight 20 yard passes. at least one to Benjamin on the left in the end-zone and I think the third was to Olsen just short of the end-zone. No run, no screen, no short passes.

No one has mentioned that or the false start penalty we got in the first quarter inside the 10 which stalled out that drive and led to a field goal. Those were two big mistakes that could have resulted in this game not being as close as it was.

But it is so much more fun to blame the coaches.

RR and Shula tried so hard to fug that win up. When they ran it three times and punted at the end, a small part of me was thinking TB would Atlanta down the field and into field goal range.

Honestly, it was a gutless decision then and it's a gutless decision now.

They're still not coaching to win. Ugh.

RR and Shula tried so hard to fug that win up. When they ran it three times and punted at the end, a small part of me was thinking TB would Atlanta down the field and into field goal range.

Honestly, it was a gutless decision then and it's a gutless decision now.

They're still not coaching to win. Ugh.

Yes, because the 3rd down pass going for the TD at the end of the game says that we were playing for a FG.

You guys kill me.

wasn't the Jstew fumble at the goal line..............it was the play calling.

gotcha.

I can partially blame play calling on that. Shula's tendency is to pack everybody in at the goal line and thus telegraph the play. When you have that many bodies going for the ball, a fumble is more likely.

Would've been a better call to play action there or go 4 wide and run out of the spread. But Shula is too stupid for that

Archived