• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Blackmon

ctrcat

What is this obsession people have with giving away draft picks for other team's screw ups?

Because at some point you want to see your team take the bang or bust risks. Specifically when there is minimal loss. You watch the Patriots trade a 5th round pick for a seemingly fading star and watch him turn it around and wonder "why couldn't we do that."

I get why people do not want us to get J. Blackmon,  however with his ceiling and the fact that 7th rounders rarely pan out I see why people would jump at the opportunity.

Looks like some other posters have basically said the same; I wasn't reading through all 5 pages though lol

Trade for him, no... bring him in on a cheap one year deal to see if he's finally gotten his poo together, sure.

I could live with that if he were released, but even then you can't put yourself in a position where you have to depend on him keeping his nose clean.

Pinning hope to a guy who could be indefinitely suspended with just one more screw up just is not a wise plan.

I could live with that if he were released, but even then you can't put yourself in a position where you have to depend on him keeping his nose clean.

Pinning hope to a guy who could be indefinitely suspended with just one more screw up just is not a wise plan.

Dude.. if he screws up.. cut his ass. Its like you think were offerening him a 5 year contract

Because at some point you want to see your team take the bang or bust risks. Specifically when there is minimal loss. You watch the Patriots trade a 5th round pick for a seemingly fading star and watch him turn it around and wonder "why couldn't we do that."

I get why people do not want us to get J. Blackmon, however with his ceiling and the fact that 7th rounders rarely pan out I see why people would jump at the opportunity.

Looks like some other posters have basically said the same; I wasn't reading through all 5 pages though lol

There's a big difference between a fading star and an inveterate screw-up.

That, plus to hear people talk in this thread, you'd think Blackmon was the greatest receiving talent drafted in the last 20 years.

(of course, this is the same board that thought Stephen Hill would be in the Pro Bowl by now)

There's a big difference between a fading star and an inveterate screw-up.

That, plus to hear people talk in this thread, you'd think Blackmon was the greatest receiving talent drafted in the last 20 years.

(of course, this is the same board that thought Stephen Hill would be in the Pro Bowl by now)

You cannot deny the talent blackmon brings to the table when hes on the field. Its all off the field stuff man. He is a #1 WR when hes on the field. If you cant see that its because you didnt see him play

You cannot deny the talent blackmon brings to the table when hes on the field. Its all off the field stuff man. He is a #1 WR when hes on the field. If you cant see that its because you didnt see him play

Uh huh...

Here's an article by Gil Brandt written before Blackmon had ever been suspended.

Five thriving rookies, Five underachievers

Guess which group Blackmon belonged to?

Mr.Scot, are you the one who tells everyone how rare it is to find solid players during later rounds of the draft when people want to pick about Gettleman's late round picks (Kugz, Barner, Gaffney and even Boston)? Curious because if so by that logic rolling the dice on a player with Blackmon's talent for a 7th rounder isn't all that big of a deal.

The kid obviously needs to take care of his personal life and addiction problems before he ever comes back to the NFL and that lifestyle. Maybe this is where signing a bum like Cotchery will pay off because it certainly hasn't on the field.

THE gil Brandt? dang case closed.

A rookie reciever on an aweful team not lighting it up? shocking.

The Dude has incedible talent, and a retard off the field. Period

You dont know who Gil Brandt is?

Let's just say he's got a better resume' as a talent evaluator than you do.

And if you research, you'll find Brandt wasn't the only person questioning Blackmon (again, this is all before the off-field stuff started).

Archived