• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Blackmon

ctrcat

Blackmon had the talent to be a top 15 WR when on the field.

He is better than Nicks, Rice, Hill and all the other FAs we coveted last offseason.

Why is it ok to want back Hardy who may be on probation but not want Blackmon on probation? Not that an addiction is equivalent to domestic violence but both will be walking on egg shells next season.

The odds of drafting a serviceable player in the 7th around right now is round 19%. Let say there is a 19% chance Blackmon can get his stuff straight. If he does he is not serviceable he is Pro Bowl or HOF caliber player. Well worth the risk in my opinion and people can change.

Cris Carter is a great example of what Blackmon can become. He doesn't have a history of violence, the guy has a disease. He should be forgiven for that if he takes steps to change his life.

Cris Carter should represent him haha. Wish I could pie this twice

It's a 7th rounder. Dude has a huge upside and there's a good chance he finally learned his lesson

People were saying we should trade a second or third round pick for him before his last incident using the same logic.

But let's say you do and he works out okay his first year. What next?

Do you offer him a better contract and a bigger role on the offense?

And we're comfortable doing this and depending on him because this time we can trust him, right? Not like he'd go off and do something stupid again right when we need him for a playoff run or anything, would he?

That's the risk you run when you put yourself in the position of depending on someone with a history for being undependable.

People were saying we should trade a second or third round pick for him before his last incident using the same logic.

But let's say you do and he works out okay his first year. What next?

Do you offer him a better contract and a bigger role on the offense?

And we're comfortable doing this and depending on him because this time we can trust him, right? Not like he'd go off and do something stupid again right when we need him for a playoff run or anything, would he?

That's the risk you run when you put yourself in the position of depending on someone with a history for being undependable.

Not sure if those questions were rhetorical or not, but I'll answer them. I would give him a deal with little to no money guaranteed. If he doesn't take it he can go else where. If he does repeat his mistakes I'll feel bad for him. We are only out a 7th rounder. I don't think the fans nor coaches would cry over that.

Not sure if those questions were rhetorical or not, but I'll answer them. I would give him a deal with little to no money guaranteed. If he doesn't take it he can go else where. If he does repeat his mistakes I'll feel bad for him. We are only out a 7th rounder. I don't think the fans nor coaches would cry over that.

If he performed well enough to earn a new contract, what makes you think he'd accept some small incentive laden offer from us when some other team would probably offer better?

You're talking about either giving up a 7th round pick for a one year rental or putting us in the position of relying on a guy who is well known for being unreliable.

Neither of those options works for me.

Literally everyone one of scots "concerns" can be addressed and he can be given a contract that minimizes our risk in him.

He isn't the first troubled talented player to come into the league. Teams have been dealing with guys like Blackmon for years and rarely do you hear of it really biting teams in the ass.

Even if worst comes to worst you just move on. But to not give a kid another shot when he's really good. Let's just say I'm glad some of you are only fans and don't have any influence on the team.

Archived