• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Blackmon

ctrcat

who said we would be depending on him? i'd hope we wouldn't be depending on a 7th round pick. if we could get a top 5 draft pick for a 7th rounder, i think we'd be all for it.

it is also possible for people to rehabilitate themselves.

it's not like we're trying to throw the franchise away for this guy, we're CONSIDERING spending an EXTREMELY LOW pick on him. obviously our FO would RESEARCH the situation, and make an informed decision.

but to completely throw the idea out the window without considering it is idiotic.

That's the same argument people used the last time this discussion came up.

How'd that turn out?

The odds of drafting a serviceable player in the 7th around right now is round 19%. Let say there is a 19% chance Blackmon can get his stuff straight. If he does he is not serviceable he is Pro Bowl or HOF caliber player. Well worth the risk in my opinion and people can change.

Cris Carter is a great example of what Blackmon can become. He doesn't have a history of violence, the guy has a disease. He should be forgiven for that if he takes steps to change his life. 

Rant Sports is late too

Not really, it's a "fluid" situation, as GMan likes to say. The more time he's out of rehab doing better, the more appealing it gets. Jax's rookie WRs performing well is also a part of the equation because they still own him for now. And he DOES need a change of scenery.

That's the same argument people used the last time this discussion came up.

How'd that turn out?

that just isn't a sound argument. just because something hasn't worked in the past doesn't mean it can't work.

we aren't blindly throwing money around here. we wouldn't be making some sort of insane, crippling investment.

i'm not even saying we should make the move. all i'm saying is it shouldn't be thrown out the window without further investigation.

you say it wouldn't be smart business, but if a team picks him up and he explodes they'll look pretty damn smart for spending a low draft pick on him. it isn't smart business to dismiss options without fair consideration.

Cris Carter is a great example of what Blackmon can become. He doesn't have a history of violence, the guy has a disease. He should be forgiven for that if he takes steps to change his life. 

Chris Carter is an excellent example.  Minnesota took a chance and got a HOF receiver.  While the odds lightning strikes twice on a HOF receiver is slim.

A low round pick and some teammates to mentor him.   Would help.

I would not waste anything above a 7th for him but we do have some pretty good mentors on ths team.  You could save a kids career and life all the while helping our team.

This would answer our needs for an opposite for KB and allow us to focus in other positions.

We probably won't because of it is a character issue but the risk is low and would love to see them try it.

Archived