• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grantland on the Saints bleak future (feel good reading for Panthers fan)

ctrcat

Lol is there another team in the league that spends as much money covering for another player's deficiency as the New Orleans saints do for Drew Brees?

Over 21 million next season alone paying Grubbs and Evans who play two of the most insignificant positions on the field just to cover for Brees' height deficiency lololol

No other team even comes close to paying their guards that much.

Somebody is worse at this whole cap game than Marty Hurney and happens to be in our division?

5c22RvF.jpg

something about the saints' cap room was posted on reddit, and all the nola fans were in there saying how loomis is a genius and they'll be fine.

Rather be in a division with four competitive teams, every game a nail biter right to the end.

(Of course the Panthers would ultimately prevail and win the NFCS championship.)

Don't want to see a bunch of lame blowouts like the ones Panthers fans have had to endure this year, makes for some really boring football.

On the other hand, if someone has to be in cap hell, it may as well be the Saints.

There was an article around 2011 I think about the Panthers, about how all those extensions Hurney paid out was going to screw the team for years. This is basically a copy and paste of that, they are so fuged it's hilarious.

That was Barnwell, too, and I wouldn't be surprised if that article helped expedite Hurneys dismissal. That was the first time our cap hell went national.

There was an article around 2011 I think about the Panthers, about how all those extensions Hurney paid out was going to screw the team for years. This is basically a copy and paste of that, they are so fuged it's hilarious.

Yeah, they pretty much followed the blue print from Hurney, although, they invested their $$ onto a QB instead of 2 RBs.

Yeah, they pretty much followed the blue print from Hurney, although, they invested their $$ onto a QB instead of 2 RBs.

Saints also have a Super bowl ring to show for their lack of financial restraint.

If Hurney had delivered on that promise as well, I could almost forgive him for putting the team in cap hell for half of this decade. Almost.

something about the saints' cap room was posted on reddit, and all the nola fans were in there saying how loomis is a genius and they'll be fine.

I posted the article on Facebook and the first two responses from Saints fans (that didn't read the article) stated...

Well, Goodwin and Haralson will NOT be back next season any way. Sooooooo

And

We're fine. The way Loomis manipulated the cap will be fine even when Brees leaves.

Archived