• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam not faced with charges...

KBRed

Pretty typical report from what I've seen...

They either omit the fact that there was someone else involved or say some bullshit like this...

I still haven't figured out how no one was "at fault". Makes no sense to me at all.

Officers don't determine fault in North Carolina. Never. Insurance companies/claim adjusters do. Officers only list contributing factors, in Cam's case, it would be "none". The other driver would be "running light/sign, and/or inattention". Whether insurance companies believe that or determine the same is up to them separately.

Officers don't determine fault in North Carolina. Never. Insurance companies/claim adjusters do. Officers only list contributing factors, in Cam's case, it would be "none". The other driver would be "running light/sign, and/or inattention". Whether insurance companies believe that or determine the same is up to them separately.

OK, but how do citations get issued?  I'm confused as to why the guy that pulled out in front of Cam, who as I see, it caused the collision, wasn't cited with some sort of moving violation, which would indicate fault imo...

How does that work?

^ if it's a "major" accident, ie fatal or life threatening, or if there's reason to believe someone willfully and intentionally ran into/over someone with their car, then the PD will send an accident reconstruction team to the scene to determine if manslaughter or assault with a deadly weapon el al charges are warranted.

Most accidents in CLT there are no citations issued for moving violations, because the officer can't get on the stand and say he had probable cause to something he didn't see.

The police were unable to find the weapons and drugs that Cam may or may not have had on him at the time.  You have to wonder what he was doing out at that hour. Probably wasn't wearing a seatbelt.Thug. You don't see.... more traditional.. quarterbacks having issues where the police are involved.

edit: this is sarcasm btw.

The police were unable to find the weapons and drugs that Cam may or may not have had on him at the time.  You have to wonder what he was doing out at that hour. Probably wasn't wearing a seatbelt.Thug. You don't see.... more traditional.. quarterbacks having issues where the police are involved.

Im sure they were tempted to consider the Dre Beats and new clothing as paraphernalia.  Luckily the receipt was still in the bag or the world would have imploded.

The police were unable to find the weapons and drugs that Cam may or may not have had on him at the time. You have to wonder what he was doing out at that hour. Probably wasn't wearing a seatbelt.Thug. You don't see.... more traditional.. quarterbacks having issues where the police are involved.

"We want our coun....errr...position back!"

^ if it's a "major" accident, ie fatal or life threatening, or if there's reason to believe someone willfully and intentionally ran into/over someone with their car, then the PD will send an accident reconstruction team to the scene to determine if manslaughter or assault with a deadly weapon el al charges are warranted.

Most accidents in CLT there are no citations issued for moving violations, because the officer can't get on the stand and say he had probable cause to something he didn't see.

I'm just curious as to how this works in NC... for this situation and my own personal interest.

I thought that citations were issued in situations where there was major property damage and/or injury.

Archived