• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your excitement level for this game?

Jeremy Igo

The NFL playoff system is no different than grading on a curve. Remember that from your school days?

Now apply the same logic to your kid coming home with the best math test score in the class and it was graded on a curve. At the top of the math test, your kid even got a gold star and note from the teacher, "Well Done! Best in the class!" 

And then you look at the grade and it's a 35%. Are you excited for your kid and so proud of him/her that you take the entire family out for ice cream? Or.... are you thinking, geez, 35%. Just a little better than 1 out of every 3 questions right.

35%.

It's the winning percentage of the Panthers right now at 4-8-1.....

The NFL playoff system is no different than grading on a curve. Remember that from your school days?

Now apply the same logic to your kid coming home with the best math test score in the class and it was graded on a curve. At the top of the math test, your kid even got a gold star and note from the teacher, "Well Done! Best in the class!"

And then you look at the grade and it's a 35%. Are you excited for your kid and so proud of him/her that you take the entire family out for ice cream? Or.... are you thinking, geez, 35%. Just a little better than 1 out of every 3 questions right.

35%.

Hmmm....I understand what you're trying to say in your analogy, but I'm not sure I agree.

In the NFL the goal is to win a Super Bowl not score as high as you can or win as many games in the regular season as you can. Getting to the playoffs is step one. And it doesn't matter how you get there just as long as you do. If the Panthers get hot at the right time and backdoor their way into the playoffs it won't feel any less awesome than if they were undefeated going into it IMO.

Lulz.

No, I've just become jaded with this team. It started when Jake imploded versus the Cards. When we can have back to back winning seasons, then I'll actually get pumped again about this team. Until then ... same old same. I mean come ON ... some of you are getting psyched for a four win time sliding ass backward into a Playoff spot. We're still a four win team!

We may get a chance to right that wrong and erase that 08 cardinals loss from memory with a stomping of them in the playoffs if we can make it.

35%.

If my kids 35% gave me the opportunity for me to go get hammered at a home playoff game, and the possibility of a Super Bowl??

I would give him a high five, tell everyone in the neighborhood how awesome my kid is because he is the smartest kid in class, and hows theirs suck because they have to stay at home and watch on TV. Then I would buy him his favorite players jersey and take him to the game. 

If my kids 35% gave me the opportunity for me to go get hammered at a home playoff game, and the possibility of a Super Bowl??

I would give him a high five, tell everyone in the neighborhood how awesome my kid is because he is the smartest kid in class, and hows theirs suck because they have to stay at home and watch on TV. Then I would buy him his favorite players jersey and take him to the game. 

So, being proud of your kid as being the relatively smartest in a classroom full of dumb kids, then taking him/her to the game so you can get hammered.

Who's the dumb one and who's driving?

Like I said, grading on a curve. 35%. You're right there in the hunt. 

Archived