• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

watching the cowgirls game got me thinking

ncguy2184

What do you guys think about a dome? do you think carolina would ever get a stadium like that 1 day ?

Me i dont like domes i think football should be played outside with heat and rain and snow

Only times that I wish we had a dome is during those first games of the year when the sun is cooking me but it's better now since I've have seats on the home side. Other than that a dome is for wussies.

I actually think a dome is very possible when they do build a new stadium. It will probably be like the one in Arizona where you can open it or close it depending on the weather. The reason I say this is because a couple of years back I remember Jerry Richardson saying how much he would really like Charlotte to host a Super Bowl. The only way that would happen is with a dome or a stadium with a retractable dome. I don't live in Charlotte or even NC anymore but I would be willing to pay some extra taxes to see the Super Bowl land in NC if I did.

funny that the falcons are trying to get out of their's.

That situation is what would scare me about the Panthers building a dome or retractable dome. Atlanta built that stadium for the olympics but the plan from the begining was for it to be used for Super Bowls and other high profile events. As far as I can remember there has only been one Super Bowl there and the only major, national event that takes place there is the SEC Championship.

On the flip side of that is Arizona's new stadium. I love the look of that place and even though it probably wouldn't be fair I wouldn't mind seeing every Super Bowl played there.

That situation is what would scare me about the Panthers building a dome or retractable dome. Atlanta built that stadium for the olympics but the plan from the begining was for it to be used for Super Bowls and other high profile events. As far as I can remember there has only been one Super Bowl there and the only major, national event that takes place there is the SEC Championship.

On the flip side of that is Arizona's new stadium. I love the look of that place and even though it probably wouldn't be fair I wouldn't mind seeing every Super Bowl played there.

They've had the Final 4 there at least once that I can remember...

Archived