• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you laughing at Cam's vehicle

Jeremy Igo

I totally understand forming a bond with your vehicle.

I like having friends who own trucks. It makes moving a lot easier.

I'm more of an environmental nerd myself. I could be a millionaire but you might catch me driving this:

acura-rsxtypes01.jpg

2003 RSX Type-S.

It was the first car I bought myself and loved it. After I got T-boned uptown by some douche and it was totaled I downgraded to a Nissan Sentra to save money. Bad decision. Nissan's are butthole and so is the dealership.

Love the RSX. Been trying to find a decently priced one for a while.

Understood, I helped dad turn a Geo Metero into a three cylinder high efficient yard truck. Went from 40 mpg to 50 mpg. Rhino lined the back after cutting the back and wielding the back rear glass to the back of the cut. Then bondo-repainted the new truck red. Dad didn't want to sell it but a guy on the base gave an offer he couldn't turn down. Then later the guy gets in wreck in it........Dad regrets the sell now lol

Moral of the story: boredom, sawzall, small car = new truck

Picture?

Why are truck drivers the absolute worst drivers on the road?

Every time I get cut off or see someone else get cut off, it's a truck 95% of the time.  Getting tailgated?  Truck.  Driving recklessly in rain/snow because they think they have an untouchable machine, truck.  Can't park inside the lines, truck.  (also SUVs).

Compensation mobiles, honestly, unless you have a purpose for a giant truck.

Every time I get cut off or see someone else get cut off, it's a truck 95% of the time. Getting tailgated? Truck. Driving recklessly in rain/snow because they think they have an untouchable machine, truck. Can't park inside the lines, truck. (also SUVs).

Most people who have big shiny trucks/SUVs have no idea how to drive them. Trucks handle worse in snow/ice than a car. If you want to see something funny, watch one of the overcompensating try to back up a trailer. 15-20 minutes of 3 feet back, 2 feet forward.

My truck is for work, but I still love the damn thing. I get cut off more by people driving their hybrids yapping on their cell phones. One of them is going to get run over because I can't stop my 9k lb truck as fast as they can their 3k lb Mini Cooper.

Every time I get cut off or see someone else get cut off, it's a truck 95% of the time.  Getting tailgated?  Truck.  Driving recklessly in rain/snow because they think they have an untouchable machine, truck.  Can't park inside the lines, truck.  (also SUVs).

And you live in Matthews?

My experience has always been the old white guy in the Mercedes E class, or the young black guy in the Toyota Camry who are the worst. Truck and SUV drivers always park in spaces marked "compact" for whatever reason. But its usually the ricers that are parked across multiple parking spots.

Then again, there's always a 4'6" princess who can choose to either reach the pedal or see over the steering wheel driving a lifted, full size, extended bed dually. Maybe that's who you keep meeting.

Archived