• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney is at the Min/KC game tonight...Dorsey alert?

Sam Mills Fan

They're not looking for a new QB, guys. Give up the wishful thinking. They'll have enough problems just getting another DT to fit under the cap.

for the vikes i'd be looking at jimmy kennedy. 6'5 320 been in the league for 7 years. minny is his 5th (4th that he played with). he played with damione lewis in st. louis. that may be the link to get him. he isn't great but he is a space eater and would come cheap.

from KC there are a couple guys i like not named glen dorsey. alphonso boone (6'3 305) and ron edwards (6'5 315). both guys have been in the league for 9 years. boone used to be with the bears when they had a great defense. he wasn't a starter very often then but had pretty good numbers anyway (for not being a starter). edwards played witht he bills before going to KC. in the first preseason game the chiefs ran the 2-5-4 three times and he was involved all three times. the first two with tyson jackson and the third with boone. the guy can take up some serious space.

I thought about Kennedy too. The others are possible as well but I think they'll end up going younger.

Is Dorsey a true possibility? Gantt seems to think so. I still can't quite see it. Of course, Gantt has a lot better access to info than I do :sosp:

They're not looking for a new QB, guys. Give up the wishful thinking. They'll have enough problems just getting another DT to fit under the cap.

I thought about Kennedy too. The others are possible as well but I think they'll end up going younger.

Is Dorsey a true possibility? Gantt seems to think so. I still can't quite see it. Of course, Gantt has a lot better access to info than I do :sosp:

I think Gantt is just saying he would like the team to look into Dorsey, I don't think he has any actual info as to what it would cost to pry him away from KC. With that said, I tend to think we will either go for a young vet (3-4 years) with some promise to come in and play this year and compete in the future, or an aging vet to be a stopgap for this season only. Either way, I don't expect any big names.

However, I am intrigued by Corey Williams since he has shown he can be a good DT in the 4-3 and seemed to be ready to make a leap when he was traded into a bad situation (schemewise) for him. After a down year, his value should also be far less than what it was when the Browns traded for him, so it is not inconceivable that we could get him at a reasonable price.

And as far as Dorsey, I think it will come down to how badly KC wants to get out from under his contract...and what their cap hit would be for trading him. He obviously doesn't fit their new scheme, and is currently in the doghouse, so if they can afford it, they may just want to be done with him...after all, this is a new regime, and they do not have any ties to him.

Someone said that KC's cap hit would be something like 19 million. They would have to really really really want to get rid of him to take that kinda hit.....although I do think they have a lot of room under the cap, so maybe they could make it happen. I highly doubt it though. It would be nice to have 3 first rounders from last years draft, though.

just confirmed on NFLN. Delhomme for Favre straight-up. deal is done.

Great, we traded a guy that throws 5 interceptions in a game for a guy that has thrown 6 interceptions in a game - LOL

Personally, I think we should trade for Kerry Collins so we can finally get our money's worth out of him (just hide the booze).

Archived