• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam has 2 transverse fractures in lower back

Jeremy Igo

All we need is two wins and a ATL lose and we are in. What are you talking about

fug the playoffs! We suck. Whats the point of getting in only to get blown out in the first round? We're talking about long term health. IR him so that he can heal completely and be ready to comeback next season.

This really is crazy though... I was telling my wife the playoff scenario and then what happened with Cam and I was like, "how many other franchise qbs you know that we're involved in serious car wrecks this year?" scratch that, how many players across the NFL were involved in serious crashes in the last decade? It's way too rare. And then for it to be our qb and best player??? What are the odds.

And I was telling my wife the part that sucks is that Cam finally looked like Cam again and im assuming he had finally gotten healthy... And then this happens.

If it had to happen then I am glad it did after Cam had a good game - his confidence should be pretty damn high going into the offseason this way.

Is anybody else concerned that this could possibly be the worst thing that could happen to us though, in terms of next season? As in, if we lose out, Rivera has another reason to stay due to extenuating circumstances. I hate to think about that in light of what happened, but I feel like I can say it now that we know the injuries aren't too serious.

good lord.  I never thought of it that way.

Please god dont let this happen.

How epic if he can play, didn't one of the Celtics players one year literally broke a bone mid game, got carried into the locker room only to come back and ball out the 2nd half?! It was either Paul Pierce or Rondo, can't remember. This can be that moment for Cam

Rondo vs the Heat in the 2011 playoffs?

In the medical world, an injury like this is typically treated with rest, opiates, physical therapy and is almost always non surgical. Given the voracious nature of his profession, it would be wise of the Panthers to shut him down for the remaining three games and let this kid heal up

In the past Cam has adamantly refused pain killers or any foreign substance going into his body. So maybe he should just rest fully until there is no pain or lingering effects at all. If that's for the rest of the season, so be it.

Archived