• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Sunday a must win for Ron to keep his job?

Jeremy Igo

For me?  Yes it is but he would still have a lot more work to do.  I would consider keeping him if the team won out, won on the road in the WC round, played close in either Seattle or Green Bay, and looked good doing all this.

For JR?  I am afraid that after last week if he wins even one more that he will be back.

I don't know that you can say that Sunday is a must-win broadly.  This season is way past judging anyone on one game, but Sunday is huge.  If the team comes out flat and we get beat, yes Ron's seat should be on fire.  If we play well and get beat by an overachieving Tampa Bay team, I dunno if you can fire him solely based on this game.

The rest of the season is up for debate though...

If we don't win a Playoff game he should be fired.

i think IF we somehow backed into a home playoff game, winning that game as long as we are on a hot streak is quite favorable. In all likelihood, it would either be Arizona(I think they drop a couple more and Seattle wins the west), Dallas or Detroit, all three we match up well... as long as we are hitting on all cylinders. But again, we backed into the playoffs with yet again another losing record, which in 48 out of 50 seasons would not have gotten us into the playoffs. A Super Bowl appearance is at minimum.

Archived