• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Total Access

teeray

Ok. This team has been down by a lot more than 20 late in games, so that part is not an exaggeration. So, what should he be doing in those situations? Encouraging his teammates to continue the good fight?

I'm just saying I'd be okay with my QB being just as pissed off as I am about a good old fashioned butt whipping. I don't want to be encouraged at that point. I want to be pissed, and I want my teammates to be genuinely pissed. And our next practice should be a serious affair with minimal laughing and joking - taking care of business and getting better so we don't get embarrassed like that ever again.

For the record I don't disagree with anything that you just said. The only thing I'd say is that if you're talking about the last couple minutes of a blowout, we've started the conversation too late. And the people that are criticizing this part of Cam's game aren't taking about the last few minutes of a blowout either. I gather they're taking about his demeanor at points in the game when a victory is still possible.

Also for the record, I've never said I personally believe the criticism to be fair, but what I do believe in is integrity of thought. So I think it's in our interest that if we're going to have this discussion that we approach it from the same starting point. Otherwise nothing of any importance will come out of it. Instead, the debate will end with someone being called a blind homer and the other being called a Cam hater, neither of which are likely to be true.

I was encouraged by the first post and video...I should have stopped there.  

Here's the deal, folks.  Cam Newton is the quarterback of YOUR Carolina Panthers.  Why not get behind the guy chosen #1 overall by YOUR Carolina Panthers and encourage YOUR quarterback (who has talent - you can't argue that) and YOUR team to grow and develop?

I guarantee you a small amount of positivity in your life will do wonders.  Put down the Haterade, pick up a Growl Towel (and put it on your head - like Cam). 

If you don't mind, I'm going put your statement on each page that this thread goes, just to make sure it gets read

Frontrunner mentality. When things are going well Cam has energy like that. Not so much when the chips are down.

This is it.

When things are going well, Cam has a tendancy to want to be by himself.

That is such bull. I've seen Cam trying to pump up his teammates when he's been down multiple possessions in a game. And it's clearly visible that the rest of the team seems to really care about Cam since they went to his defense when the saints started that fight last game. You guys are ridiculous. 

Archived