• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Total Access

teeray

Fact try again....

Or maybe cheer for another team..

Do you know what "fact" means? Maybe I'm mistaken, but what navy said can in no way be interpreted as a fact.

And the good ol "cheer for another team" quip. Kind of sad, really. When I was 13 years old I emptied my bank account to go to the Panthers Cowboys playoff game. I'm going nowhere and you're gonna like it.

I was encouraged by the first post and video...I should have stopped there.  

Here's the deal, folks.  Cam Newton is the quarterback of YOUR Carolina Panthers.  Why not get behind the guy chosen #1 overall by YOUR Carolina Panthers and encourage YOUR quarterback (who has talent - you can't argue that) and YOUR team to grow and develop?

I guarantee you a small amount of positivity in your life will do wonders.  Put down the Haterade, pick up a Growl Towel (and put it on your head - like Cam). 

So if we're down by 20 or 30 with a couple of minutes left in the game, my QB should be slapping hands, laughing and smiling? Really?

I would tell that mofo to get out of my face and as far away from me as possible. But that's just me...

that is the exact opposite of what people are saying.

Hyperbole. Try again.

Ok. This team has been down by a lot more than 20 late in games, so that part is not an exaggeration. So, what should he be doing in those situations? Encouraging his teammates to continue the good fight?

I'm just saying I'd be okay with my QB being just as pissed off as I am about a good old fashioned butt whipping. I don't want to be encouraged at that point. I want to be pissed, and I want my teammates to be genuinely pissed. And our next practice should be a serious affair with minimal laughing and joking - taking care of business and getting better so we don't get embarrassed like that ever again.

that is the exact opposite of what people are saying.

Those people aren't really saying anything of substance, they're basically letting their ass do the talking.

We do have leaders on this team, but the head coach ultimately has to be the unifying factor. Players feed off that.

Unfortunately, too often we have seen Rivera just standing there on the sidelines wandering off into outer space while everything around him falls apart and the other team makes adjustments. Ron showed emotion this past Sunday, but it should have been there all along.

Archived