• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

goodson fined for throatslash

HSCBandit07

Really this is tic tacky cause I mean it was his first game in the NFL..... I would understand if it was 1,000 or less but damn for a rook thats kinda harsh. Goodell is a dick in my book and he just thinks of the money and nothing else.

mushin-muhammad.jpg

basically the same thing.

Moose is basically saying. "don't tell anyone but we're for real". A throat slashing gesture can't mean the even close to the same thing.

I guess I'm thinking too much into it but just don't get it. Doesn't matter 'cause hopefully we won't see it again from him.

Even though personally I don't have a problem with what Goodson did I can see why the fined him. It's the over-pc world in which we live in folks and anything that can be taken offence at etc and the NFL will clamp down on it just to appease the populace at large. It sucks but thats where we are nowadays.

Really this is tic tacky cause I mean it was his first game in the NFL..... I would understand if it was 1,000 or less but damn for a rook thats kinda harsh. Goodell is a dick in my book and he just thinks of the money and nothing else.

The money from suspensions does not go to the NFL and even if it did, $7,500 isn't even enough by NFL standards to even have a letter written up. The fund where suspensions go is the fund to assist former NFL players financially. Unless i'm mistaken, I think the NFL actually matches the fine amount in the donation. Fine money does nothing to help the National Football League. What it does is show the player that their behavior was unnecessary and serves as a first warning of what would ultimately result in a suspension should the offender be dumb enough to repeat his actions.

The throat slash is a much more menacing gesture than the finger to the lips for silence kind of deal. In fact, it was investigated that certain celebrations were actually shout outs to certain area gangs. With the NFL trying to clean up its image, they're not going to chance that kind of thing being broadcast on their live air.

Defend it all you want but the celebration rules do not prevent players from having fun out there. In fact, there are just a few things that are automatic to get you fined or suspended and this is one of them. Goodson should have learned that prior to his first game, but now he'll never forget it.

He should have went to the sideline and found Williams and Stewart and put something together. Not only would he not have been fined, he would have endeared himself even more to the fans.

We should also not forget that this was a nationally televised game. Had it not been, we may have seen a less strict fine or no fine at all. Since it was seen by about ten times more people than it would have been had it been broadcast regionally, you can expect the NFL to act swiftly.

Whatever happened to that NFL program for rookies where they gave instruction regarding how to behave and what to expect as a player in the NFL?

He wasn't the first to do this, nor the first to be fined (IIRC)....he should have known better.

The money from suspensions does not go to the NFL and even if it did, $7,500 isn't even enough by NFL standards to even have a letter written up. The fund where suspensions go is the fund to assist former NFL players financially. Unless i'm mistaken, I think the NFL actually matches the fine amount in the donation. Fine money does nothing to help the National Football League. What it does is show the player that their behavior was unnecessary and serves as a first warning of what would ultimately result in a suspension should the offender be dumb enough to repeat his actions.

The throat slash is a much more menacing gesture than the finger to the lips for silence kind of deal. In fact, it was investigated that certain celebrations were actually shout outs to certain area gangs. With the NFL trying to clean up its image, they're not going to chance that kind of thing being broadcast on their live air.

Defend it all you want but the celebration rules do not prevent players from having fun out there. In fact, there are just a few things that are automatic to get you fined or suspended and this is one of them. Goodson should have learned that prior to his first game, but now he'll never forget it.

He should have went to the sideline and found Williams and Stewart and put something together. Not only would he not have been fined, he would have endeared himself even more to the fans.

We should also not forget that this was a nationally televised game. Had it not been, we may have seen a less strict fine or no fine at all. Since it was seen by about ten times more people than it would have been had it been broadcast regionally, you can expect the NFL to act swiftly.

This, that's not an innocent gesture, though I'm sure he had no evil intent when he did it, it was not the right thing to do. I'm all for celebrations, but not for gang type gestures...

Dear God, do you people realize how out of proportion you're blowing this? I mean, what did it harm? Who did it harm? It hurt no one's feelings, and it really is stupid to tell someone not to celebrate after a touchdown. Maybe off the feild it's a threatening act, but even then... who does a throat slashing motion to indicate a threat? Honestly? And to the guy who said he doesn't want his kids immitating this gesture: Your kid is an idiot if he does that to someone and doesn't know what it means or know what the consequences of "threatening" someone are.

Common-fuging-sense...

Archived