• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

goodson fined for throatslash

HSCBandit07

whats funny is we get all hype up about a really viscious hit on the field that might end someones career, but our feelings get hurt over some meaningless gesture? i mean really does any one think that goodson means he is going to cut someones throat by that gesture???? how can we ask some of these guys to me absolute monsters on the field and hold nothing back but get offended when they make a gesture that means nothing?

Once again, I agree with CM86. It is ridiculous what the NFL is imposing on TD Celebrations. Do they expect these guys to build up everything to reach their short term goal (TD) and just walk away. They should be able to celebrate, that brings a era of fun and excitement to the game. Anyone remember when Steve Smith and Chad Johnson was going at it, *** for tat after every TD. Whats wrong with that?

some you guys are talking about its "threatening or taunting"

GROW UP!

these are grown men playing a game... not sensitive children... outside of TO standing on the Dallas star I cant remember a player caring about a celebration... some people are so uptight!

Goodson is not a thug... he's not immature... he was just relaxing and having fun... try it sometime and pull the stick outta your .....

When Goodson made it over to the sidelines, he got an earful from both coaches and teammates. In a post game interview, he made clear this wouldn't be happening again.

They showed Fox talking to him on the sidelines and when you see Fox tell him that he was going to get a fine, Goodson's eyes got a big as saucers.

some you guys are talking about its "threatening or taunting"

GROW UP!

these are grown men playing a game... not sensitive children... outside of TO standing on the Dallas star I cant remember a player caring about a celebration... some people are so uptight!

Goodson is not a thug... he's not immature... he was just relaxing and having fun... try it sometime and pull the stick outta your .....

People who are pussy turned the NFL into a pussy

Cat that is :P

No forreal, couple years ago there was no problems. And the NFL was on top of the throne of the sport world

steve-smith---celebration1-_medium.jpg

27293.jpg

smithdiaper.jpg

Once again, I agree with CM86. It is ridiculous what the NFL is imposing on TD Celebrations. Do they expect these guys to build up everything to reach their short term goal (TD) and just walk away. They should be able to celebrate, that brings a era of fun and excitement to the game. Anyone remember when Steve Smith and Chad Johnson was going at it, *** for tat after every TD. Whats wrong with that?

:iagree: Hell, I thought the guy was pulling his chin strap. What a bunch of wimps! :crazy:

People who are pussy turned the NFL into a pussy

Cat that is :P

No forreal, couple years ago there was no problems. And the NFL was on top of the throne of the sport world

steve-smith---celebration1-_medium.jpg

27293.jpg

smithdiaper.jpg

LOL.

All of those were great celebrations. I LOVED the canoe one, just great.

Its pathetic the players cant do this anymore. Thats what ya get when something is run by old white men.

All these rules take the fun and passion out of the game. Stuffy ars guys in suits are making it a joyless, soft and boring ars game. I mean, come on I can understand the horseshoe tackle and submarining QB with the crown of the helmet but they keep this sh*t up they'll be playing touch football in suits and tails.

I say we petition. Make the game safe, OK. Take the joy out of it, NO.

I'm sorry but I can understand why Fred Lane did the worm after his TD, he'd just pulled off a wicked piece of runningbackery. No, the team wasn't winning at the time. Why be sad about it? He thought it would pick up his teammates and put a fire in them but it didn't happen that way. Most people thought it was pure self gratification, yeah, maybe. I felt his passion and his joy. It was a great run...

I agree with your avatar! Is that Serena Williams?! :D

i don't have a problem with the celebrations. throat slashing is another issue, though.

doesn't really matter, though. nfl made the ruling. they don't want people acting like they are going to slash someone's throats.

re: someone saying that those who don't like that needing to grow up. funny that those condemning such an immature action such as giving that throat slashing gesture (which is what that is being considered by people on the team) should be telling those who don't like it to grow up.

his immaturity is what caused him to do it in the first place. he is a kid. the grown ups just told him how to act and what the boundaries are. deal with it. he crossed the line. it's no big deal. you want to defend something, find something a bit more important than that.

His were actually good. Who knows why Johnson kept going? I understand that self gratification has no place in a time of war but it's a game. These guys love doing it even though it doesn't last long and they can get life altering injuries if their unlucky.

I know they get paid a lot but if you look at it most NFL careers average 4 or 5 years. They deserve it. I just don't like when people aim to take the passion out of the "game". Have fun you only live once and it don't last long.

Archived