• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More offensive holding to be called this year

Sword

I would love to see a study of leg/ankle/foot/hip pointer type injuries from the padded/real shoes days to now. I may be an oldie with a bad memory but I surely don't remember all the leg injuries back in the day that they have now.

I think that a ton of the injuries today are from 194 pound WR's being able to squat and sled 3 times their weight. That much muscle pulling and pushing against tendons, joints, and bones cannot be all that good for you. JMO...

No doubt Fuzz, some of that plays in as well...bigger/stronger players, faster etc.

Plus supplements, don't know how those really affect the muscles etc. I remember Luc saying how some supplement contributed to an injury of his.

Would not doubt that at all.

I am praying for a fairly healthy season for all of our guys. Talking about injuries freaks me out this close to the start of the season.

It's also worth noting that a change of coaches could have an effect in this area in the coming season. Baker is a true DL coach, and as such he knows some of the techniques that can be used by a defensive lineman to fight off a hold. Sal Sunseri was primarily a linebacker guy, and the techniques just aren't quite the same.

There are ways to fight off being held by a guy like Runyan, some of which involve doing as much subtle damage as you can to the hands of the guy holding you until he finally gets the message that he "shouldn't do that".

Archived