• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where will the QB of our future come from??

bLACKpANTHER

Where will our future QB come from?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Where will our future QB come from?

• Draft
    • Free Agency
    • Matt Moore
    • we will be looking for awhile after Jake is done

Might have been Tim Hiller from Western Michigan. He's a second round prospect. But I'm all about Lefevour, and best thing yet is he's a midround prospect

I need to do some research on the kid and try to watch some games.

But I think it would be a great year to draft someone (2010) @ QB.

Probably from Free Agency. In the last year of Jake's contract, you will probably see up pick up someone else's backup-turned-starter like Schuab, Cassell, etc.

I would LOVE to see Moore develop into something though. By the time that happens he will probably be on a different team though.

Matt Moore.

Shows the most poise, and has the physical tools.

Showed the ability to get Smitty the ball without over relying and forcing it to him.

I agree. He has great poise in the pocket. He has the same attitude to not give up on the play that Jake does but Moore will be smart the football and check down or throw it away if its not there.

I believe the 4th Preseason game will be a battle for the backup.

If something were to happen to Jake, (injury, or being pulled).

I believe we could see something simeler too 2003 against Jacksonville.

Most people do not remember this, but Jake was actually listed as the 3rd String QB in that game. (Weinke was 2nd). Just because Moore might be listed at 3rd, doesnt mean he wont be the first replacement.

Im so excited to see what Matt Moore can do for us. I dont see why people get so enamored with college QB's. I have caught myself doing this before though. I will be watching a random thursday night college game. And I will see a random QB from Tulsa, or some other random college, who happened to have a great game that night. Then I would think. "Man, I would love to see someone play like that for the Panthers". But then i realize everything that goes into be a successful, consistent, QB

I will be the first to say, I know John Fox, and Marty Hurney know a lot more about the NFL and how to handle quarterbacks than I do. I don't come on here and bash them for all the decisions that they make. I may get disappointed in a decision, but I dont pretend to be an expert about something for which I know little about the inner workings of systems as complex as an NFL team.

i say we draft a QB in next years draft. There are going to be alot of QBs.

Sam Bradford

Colt McCoy

Jimmy Clausen(if he comes out)

Dan LeFevour

Jevan Snead(if he comes out)

Zac Robinson

Tim Hiller

Todd Reesing

Daryll Clark

Jake Locker(if he comes out)

there are alot of possibilities. plus if we draft one now he can sit and learn until Jake sucks so bad that not even Fox can have his back.

As long as Delhomme has been QB Fox has never seriously considered the option, for any round. The only QB we ever drafted while Delhomme has been the starter was, lol, a guy who has family ties to him.

As long as Delhomme has been QB Fox has never seriously considered the option, for any round. The only QB we ever drafted while Delhomme has been the starter was, lol, a guy who has family ties to him.

Believe it or not, that might not necessarily be the case going forward. I heard Frank Garcia on the radio say today that his sources inside the Panthers seriously considered going after Jay Cutler this past offseason (something I hadn't heard or read from any local media).

Believe it or not, that might not necessarily be the case going forward. I heard Frank Garcia on the radio say today that his sources inside the Panthers seriously considered going after Jay Cutler this past offseason (something I hadn't heard or read from any local media).

idk.

inside information is iffy

plus final say would belong to Fox and Hurney

idk.

inside information is iffy

plus final say would belong to Fox and Hurney

If it was any random yahoo I would agree - but it is a former Panther player who probably would have more reliable connections than most. If that is true, I would tend to believe that people within the organization would not come out publicly and say that they were trying to pursue a trade (after all that's what led to Cutler leaving Denver in the first place). You would expect them to keep a tight lid on this issue.

Archived