• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things you see in this video....

Jeremy Igo

Neither checkdown was really open except for Olsen. If he throws to Cotchery he's going to get blasted or it's in an INT.

Same with KB and Olsen early. He has to wait until KBs route influences the LB before going to Olsen.

In this video, KB is never open. His job is to influence, which he does half heartedly - probably could have been more of a rub on the LB. By the time the LB takes a step towards KBs route, the nickel/OLB is closing in on Olsen. So Cam had to throw the ball inside or he would have led Olsen into the defender - separation with dropped pass or ball in the air. Or he could have gotten away with putting it right in Olsen's chest - though difficult while target is stopping to settle as you're throwing. He had more time than he thought.

Same with KB and Olsen early. He has to wait until KBs route influences the LB before going to Olsen.

In this video, KB is never open. His job is to influence, which he does half heartedly - probably could have been more of a rub on the LB. By the time the LB takes a step towards KBs route, the nickel/OLB is closing in on Olsen. So Cam had to throw the ball inside or he would have led Olsen into the defender - separation with dropped pass or ball in the air. Or he could have gotten away with putting it right in Olsen's chest - though difficult while target is stopping to settle as you're throwing. He had more time than he thought.

Oh, I think Benjamin had a window.  Might have been a narrow one but it was there.

Granted, it would have helped a lot if he'd have put more effort into it and turned sooner.

Oh, I think Benjamin had a window.  Might have been a narrow one but it was there.

Granted, it would have helped a lot if he'd have put more effort into it and turned sooner.

FS jumped KB as soon as he cleared the LB. He would have broken that pass up, or at least hit KB as soon as the ball arrived. I don't think you want to force that throw - something Cam has been doing a lot with KB.

Olsen was probably the primary with KB as the secondary depending on what the LB did.

FS jumped KB as soon as he cleared the LB. He would have broken that pass up, or at least hit KB as soon as the ball arrived. I don't think you want to force that throw - something Cam has been doing a lot with KB.

Olsen was probably the primary with KB as the secondary depending on what the LB did.

Disagree on the result, but I can see where you're coming from.  I do agree Olsen was probably the primary target,

Did Newton ever really look to his left in that shot?

Disagree on the result, but I can see where you're coming from.  I do agree Olsen was probably the primary target,

Did Newton ever really look to his left in that shot?

Yes. He was trying hard to influence the LB and FS, but the LB didn't really bite. If KBs route was a little shallower, the LB would have had to respect it. Or he could have given one of those patented Welker looking at the QB as he glances the defender.

Yes. He was trying hard to influence the LB and FS, but the LB didn't really bite. If KBs route was a little shallower, the LB would have had to respect it. Or he could have given one of those patented Welker looking at the QB as he glances the defender.

The question becomes is that flaw found in the design or the execution.

KB's general history of route running makes me think execution, but no way to really know.

Archived