• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things you see in this video....

Jeremy Igo

He has 3 routes that all cross in the same area of the field....he is reading 3 routes at once.

The play design telegraphs the ball is going to a clustered area....not Cam.

Plus he has to hold it for those first 2 routes while the dropping guy establishes his intent....could be an easy INT otherwise on a quick one

Absolutely.  3 routes in which all 3 receivers were within a few yards of each other.  Not something that is difficult for a defense to read, or defend.

I've noticed that Cam struggles shuffling his feet to move laterally in the pocket. At times, he steps up and I think he's comfortable with that at this point.  I believe sometimes he relies on his height to see/throw overtop of pressure, instead of shuffling his feet to move within the pocket.  I think movement in the pocket causes the defense to honor Cam's ability to run but still must worry about the option of a pass.  When Cam just pulls it down and runs he takes the pressure off the defense of having to cover anyone.  That being said, having 3 receivers in the same area 5 yards from the LOS is not good play design.

Observe that route with KB. There's a small window there to hit him and if you get it right, he likely gets YAC cos he's in stride. These are some of the little things I've been talking about.

Successful quarterbacking in the NFL usually means a high percentage of fitting the ball into small windows.

Archived