• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things you see in this video....

Jeremy Igo

#13 is jogging, #84 is jogging. Nobody is running a good route. The one guy who isn't running half speed gets underthrown.

Not really underthrown there was no where else he could put that ball. Wrs route was designed to stop and not continue across the field like a normal drag or slant. From what I see nobody is open

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. Had time, bad throw, wouldn't have been much of a gain anyway

Olsen kept drifting and wasn't able to sit immediately. He had the defender coming from Olsen's left side and threw it a little to the right. The ball still hit Olsen in the hands. Could it have been an inch closer to the left? Sure.

Cam really didn't have anywhere to go with that ball and with the linebackers dropping back he didn't have anywhere to take off either.

Like you said not sure what's trying to be accomplished here either. Good play call by the Vikes and there wasn't much Cam could've done.

Decent blocking from Norwell and Remmers.  Heck, even Bell holds his own in that clip.

Saw Stewart head out left, probably into the flat as a checkdown.

Wide open passing lane in the middle early but by the time the receivers come into view it's gone. 

Still, Newton had some opportunities there.  Held it a little longer than I'd like and in the end didn't make a very good throw.  I think Benjamin might have been the better option.

Agree with this. A subtle pump or head fake could have gotten the LB to vacate and leave the middle wide open for the Benjamin slant.

i don't know what the original formation was, but the most noticeable thing i see is newton only looking at one side of the field and holding onto the ball too long. he's telegraphing to the defense where he's going to throw.

the ball should already be on it's way to the receiver (olsen?) by the time he turns around.

He has 3 routes that all cross in the same area of the field....he is reading 3 routes at once.

The play design telegraphs the ball is going to a clustered area....not Cam.

Plus he has to hold it for those first 2 routes while the dropping guy establishes his intent....could be an easy INT otherwise on a quick one

Archived