• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things you see in this video....

Jeremy Igo

What I see is missed opportunity. Plays are often called to bunch the defense up and get them thinking one way while the play you want is going another. (It's easier to see in basketball & hockey.) So I'm thinking, D bunched down low, wr long coverage has got to be man on man. And we have a winner! Can't see the number clear but I think it's Cotchery. KB running a solid route to the sideline would've helped but it was there anyway. A pump fake to Olsen would've further pulled the D to go low before launching it to Cotchery who had gotten nicely behind his man. He then hauls ass to the end zone. It's the type of play that you see Brady & Rodgers do all the time. If you keep your eye in the upper right while watching the video, you'll see that at the point when Cam throws to Olsen, Cotchery was still open.

This is a good point, when the Mike peels to cover KB, it leaves that zone open and Cotchery is heading right for it. If Cam had seen this, he could have thrown to the spot, with no DB within 10 yards, making for what should have been an easy completion for a potential TD and at the very least, a first down.

I got to see a bunch of Texans games when I lived there during the Carr years. I'm sorry to say, this is very reminiscent of how he looked after getting pummeled by his inept O-Line. This should be our number one priority this coming off-season, before Cam goes full Carr. QBs need faith in their line, and right now, there's no way in hell Cam has any for those guys.

Archived