• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good point by our buddy Kroeger

Jeremy Igo

Ernie Accorsi was the consultant hired that brought in Dave Gettleman.

Accorsi has a pretty good history of team building on his resume'.

That is irrelevant when you have an inept FO who are actually pulling the strings.  Rivera has done little with what he has but Gettleman has done nothing.  At least Rex Ryan is getting something from the nothing that Idzik is giving him.

For a while I thought they were going to get Polian back last year, fwiw.

That is irrelevant when you have an inept FO who are actually pulling the strings.  Rivera has done little with what he has but Gettleman has done nothing.  At least Rex Ryan is getting something from the nothing that Idzik is giving him.

For a while I thought they were going to get Polian back last year, fwiw.

Rivera has made so many coaching mistakes I've lost count.

The big mistake the front office made was keeping him in place.

That's a lot of us :(

He pulled the wool over everybody's eyes.  We misconstrued a desperate coach with his job on the line as a coach "turning the corner."  Hopefully Gettleman ends the Rivera era at the end of the season.

I think the mass exodus of players should have said something. Players knew last year was a fluke and they cashed in on it or retired.

#Panthers won at least 3 of final 8 games all but 2 times in team history - '01 (0-8 ) & '10 (1-7). Coaches fired both times.

0-4 right now.

I was on the boat i dont want us to lose nemore but who the heck cares we need draft picks and whatever it takes to lose rivera n shula, and bell n chandler, n harper. Then ill be happy, Im not asking for much.

History in general isn't saying good things about Rivera's chances.

Unless you consider Fox's lame duck year.  Was it JR being tight?  If so RR has a chance. 

I don't think RR is going anywhere--but that is a hunch.  It would be cheaper to retain him and bring in a top-dollar OC.  After all, the defense has improved this year, and I think RR had something to do with that. 

Rivera screwed himself when he made Shula OC. Maybe we didn't win a lot of games with Chud but this team was exciting to watch for 2 years. We were in most of our games we just couldn't finish them and that had a lot to do with Riveras crucial game coaching as well. The offense being the same after chud left was one of the biggest lies we were fed. I don't have any sympathy for rivera

This could not be reiterated enough!

Well said. Everything you said was true.

I'd also like to add: Panthers were screwed when Hurney hired Rivera. And then screwed again, when JR kept Rivera with some excellent coaching candidates available (Kelly, Arians, Reid), then hired Gettleman. This was followed up by, giving Rivera a reported 3 year $15 mil extension after only one successful year as head coach.

Ron Rivera, making $5 Mil a year as a head coach?

SMDH like a wet dog.

Rivera screwed himself when he made Shula OC. Maybe we didn't win a lot of games with Chud but this team was exciting to watch for 2 years. We were in most of our games we just couldn't finish them and that had a lot to do with Riveras crucial game coaching as well. The offense being the same after chud left was one of the biggest lies we were fed. I don't have any sympathy for rivera

This point can't be emphasized enough!

So many Panther fans (especially when they believed in Rivera and the "D" last year) ridiculed Chud's offense as being "Bad For The D", and ultimately for the team.

However, far too many Panther fans, overlooked  the countless times Rivera threw leads and games away with his poor coaching, time management and decision making during winnable games the Panthers could/should have won.

As you indicated If a teams going to be bad, I'd at least like them to be exciting. Right now, the team is both bad and unexciting.

Archived