• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good point by our buddy Kroeger

Jeremy Igo

It's kind of weird because Rivera had always been great at the end of the year, it was just slow starts killed playoff hopes. This year we started 2-0 and we're going to end worse than any other year of Rivera's. Time to blow it up, coaching staff-wise.

But this year....his talent issue is just too big IMO.

I really did have high hopes for Rivera this season. I thought he turned the corner and was on the cusp of being a good coach. What this year has showed me is that he needs top 5 talent to win and if he does not get it its a 6-10 year. I just dont see how he can stay after this team has fallen so far, and its not like we made it to the SB last year or close. We got blew out in our first home game of the playoffs.

I really did have high hopes for Rivera this season. I thought he turned the corner and was on the cusp of being a good coach. What this year has showed me is that he needs top 5 talent to win and if he does not get it its a 6-10 year. I just dont see how he can stay after this team has fallen so far, and its not like we made it to the SB last year or close. We got blew out in our first home game of the playoffs.

That's a lot of us :(

He pulled the wool over everybody's eyes.  We misconstrued a desperate coach with his job on the line as a coach "turning the corner."  Hopefully Gettleman ends the Rivera era at the end of the season.

At this rate it would be more of a surprise if the coaching staff was retained then fired.

However, I say do a full clean house and get the GM and FO out, too.  Blow this thing up, find a man who knows football and put him in the FO to run the show and find a hungry college coach who has experience with offense and green to the league.  Get him the right coordinators and rely on the talent in the skilled positions for a rebound.

what the panthers should do is hire a respected consultant to bring in a GM

preferably, he'll recommend somebody with a strong scouting background who's been a part of super bowl winning organizations whom the panthers will then hire.

good luck with that though!

preferably, he'll recommend somebody with a strong scouting background who's been a part of super bowl winning organizations whom the panthers will then hire.

Yeah.  That'd never happen.

It's kind of weird because Rivera had always been great at the end of the year, it was just slow starts killed playoff hopes. This year we started 2-0 and we're going to end worse than any other year of Rivera's. Time to blow it up, coaching staff-wise.

I know. I was going to make a thread yesterday about the irony of our 2-0 start, but there were too many threads.

I think a big part of the problem is that all the new guys (Rivera, Gettleman) came in saying "we're gonna keep the same staff in the front office, I'm not gonna rock the boat there." Maybe it was JR feeding them that line, but as a result we have the same stagnant losing culture. Gettleman needs to just completely gut this franchise in February and rebuild it from janitorial staff to head coach.

Would you recomend letting Cam, Luke go or would you build around them?

Rivera screwed himself when he made Shula OC. Maybe we didn't win a lot of games with Chud but this team was exciting to watch for 2 years. We were in most of our games we just couldn't finish them and that had a lot to do with Riveras crucial game coaching as well. The offense being the same after chud left was one of the biggest lies we were fed. I don't have any sympathy for rivera

I forget the exact numbers and data but I remember going thru the whole winning coaches thing and coaches who have won the SB before.  Coaches who win the Super Bowl are very unlikely to win it again in the history of the game.  I think there was next to none to win a SB with more then one team.

Success is not going to come from a coach who has won already.

I forget the exact numbers and data but I remember going thru the whole winning coaches thing and coaches who have won the SB before. Coaches who win the Super Bowl are very unlikely to win it again in the history of the game. I think there was next to none to win a SB with more then one team.

Success is not going to come from a coach who has won already.

It's not next to none. It's none.

And I'm guessing you missed the underlying sarcasm of his post.

It's not next to none. It's none.

And I'm guessing you missed the underlying sarcasm of his post.

indeed i did lose.

sarcasm doesn't come across easily some times.

but when they hire someone like Mr Jim Wonitall Championshipmcgee to be some consultant everyone will be happy and cheer how great this team is and how smart they are because someone like that guy came along and will right the ship.

indeed i did lose.

sarcasm doesn't come across easily some times.

but when they hire someone like Mr Jim Wonitall Championshipmcgee to be some consultant everyone will be happy and cheer how great this team is and how smart they are because someone like that guy came along and will right the ship.

Ernie Accorsi was the consultant hired that brought in Dave Gettleman.

Accorsi has a pretty good history of team building on his resume'.

Archived