• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official Gettleman Poll

Jeremy Igo

Fire Gettleman?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Fire Gettleman?

• Yes
    • No

How can he fire a HC he just extended.....

When the talent drop off he gave the head coach was so noticeable and obvious.

He gave his HC the worst opening day OL and secondary in all the NFL. Then he completely gutted a WR corp.

All that is a FO setting the table for a losing season. Nothing changed with Ron. Just makes his flaws reappear....

There really wasn't much else he could do given what he left himself with after the key Smitty and Hardy moves..

20% of our Cap was dead money, almost 20 million going to Beason, Smitty, Godfrey and Anderson alone.

Once he spent 30 million on the DE position when he added the Hardy FT to CJ's Cap number there wasn't much left for the glaring weaknesses you mentioned at Oline, Secondary and finally WR.

Hopefully he's learned and will continue to purge Hurney contracts, win in the draft and have another great FA haul like he did his 1st year as GM.

There really wasn't much else he could do given what he left himself with after the key Smitty and Hardy moves..

20% of our Cap was dead money, almost 20 million going to Beason, Smitty, Godfrey and Anderson alone.

Once he spent 30 million on the DE position when he added the Hardy FT to CJ's Cap number there wasn't much left for the glaring weaknesses you mentioned at Oline, Secondary and finally WR.

Hopefully he's learned and will continue to purge Hurney contracts, win in the draft and have another great FA haul like he did his 1st year as GM.

Too many act like Hardy is hindsight.....it crippled us. Couldn't afford that luxury. Needed a better team. He cost us signicantly. The roleplayers we could of had was huge.

You hit in the FA gutter like he did maybe once a decade. Can't expect that happening....not like it did.

So how does he fire Ron.....when the front office did what it did to the roster.

Ron will stay. Likely everyone not named McD is axed IMO. We hire cheap coordinator deals like they forced Fox to do at the end

Too many act like Hardy is hindsight.....it crippled us. Couldn't afford that luxury. Needed a better team. He cost us signicantly. The roleplayers we could of had was huge.

You hit in the FA gutter like he did maybe once a decade. Can't expect that happening....not like it did.

So how does he fire Ron.....when the front office did what it did to the roster.

Ron will stay. Likely everyone not named McD is axed IMO. We hire cheap coordinator deals like they forced Fox to do at the end

Yeah...The chances of that scenario coming true are approximately 0.0

The stuff you're posting at this point has gotten so ridiculous I'd guess you're just trolling.

Ron will stay. 

I think Rivera should be fired.

I won't believe Richardson eats the ill advised 15 million dollar extension though until I see it.

Getts has to put a foot down, me or Rivera Jerry.

If Rivera doesn't go, then Getts is useless and we waste another 3 years.

I believe that Gettleman is in good shape. Most of the knowledgeable fans know that he is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. 2013 spoiled so many of us. We found a couple of solid Free Agents to fill roles on this team and we were good.

2014 some decision made from the members of the team (Wharton and Gross) didn't help and Gettleman didn't strike lightning twice. I do believe his draft choices have been solid and we are building through the draft.

The fanbase cannot be patient and they expect every a winner immediately. Most know that is not going to happen until we can clear the Hurney mess up.

My response is NO WAY GETTLEMAN GETS FIRED

No, that would be pretty foolish to fire him now. Give him at least one more season.

But plain and simple, the built in excuses and free pass he received when he got here went right out the window with the 2014 season. It's put up or shut up now. I don't want to hear anymore bullshit about the salary cap, or Marty Hurney. It's all Dave Gettleman now from here.

He also needs to accept accountability for some of his offseason moves which clearly backfired to put it kindly.

To really know what you have in DG, it's at least 2 more seasons, not 1.

As for the blaming/excuses.....how many years did BO blame the Bush administration?  The Carolina Panthers are still in a terrible cap situation, especially for a "young" team.  The last 3 big anchors around DG's neck.....Stew, CJ, and Kalil, and none of those can really be cut until after next season.

When you were cheering about Hurney re-signing the core, a few of us were wincing about the contracts, and they way they were written, many of you are now understanding why the few of us weren't happy.

Yeah...The chances of that scenario coming true are approximately 0.0

The stuff you're posting at this point has gotten so ridiculous I'd guess you're just trolling.

You think there is a 0.0 chance Ron stays one more year....they scapegoat a couple coaches and only let Ron offer our crappy short term deals to prospective coordinators?

You think that statement is trolling?

You think there is a 0.0 chance Ron stays one more year....they scapegoat a couple coaches and only let Ron offer our crappy short term deals to prospective coordinators?

You think that statement is trolling?

Your scenario was they fire everyone but Rivera and McDermott. That's as ridiculous as the "lucky Super Bowl" stuff you've been slinging.

If they were going to fire that many people, they'd fire everybody.

Your scenario was they fire everyone but Rivera and McDermott. That's as ridiculous as the "lucky Super Bowl" stuff you've been slinging.

If they were going to fire that many people, they'd fire everybody.

My scenario was referencing/implying the major staff. OC and ST coordinator scapegoated.....you see that type scapegoating every season in the NFL as teams delay the real move.

That isn't crazy or absurd.

And the 2007 NYGs were not the best team in the NFL or even close. They were the last standing. A difference. Getting incredibly lucky was part of it. You don't have to agree.

If you can't see how overpaying for superstars like Dominik Hixon would have saved out season, then I can't help you.

I have no problem with letting Dominik go. Still we could of kept Smith and Ginn, and spent about as much as we are spending now on our current WR's

You can't tell me we would not be a better team if we had Kelvin, Smith, Ginn, Brown and Olsen at TE. 

Archived