• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official Gettleman Poll

Jeremy Igo

Fire Gettleman?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Fire Gettleman?

• Yes
    • No

I would. I made my points in the other thread. Basically, I feel like Gettleman is being kept because he might be good, but there's other, more proven options out there, and some of them already have links to the Panthers.

Like who?

Specifically, Tom Gamble would be my favorite. He helped Baalke build the team in San Fran, he then went to the Eagles and helped Chip Kelly put together the new age offense as a personnel guy. He learned from Polian as a scout, even here in Carolina.

Specifically, Tom Gamble would be my favorite. He helped Baalke build the team in San Fran, he then went to the Eagles and helped Chip Kelly put together the new age offense as a personnel guy. He learned from Polian as a scout, even here in Carolina.

How is he "proven" as a GM though?  He's never been one, and no team he's been a part of has won a Super Bowl (2012 49ers made an appearanvce, but didn't win).

He's gathered interest, but calling him more 'proven' than Gettleman is a stretch.

How is he "proven" as a GM though?  He's never been one, and no team he's been a part of has won a Super Bowl (2012 49ers made an appearanvce, but didn't win).

He's gathered interest, but calling him more 'proven' than Gettleman is a stretch.

Gamble would just be my primary option, because of his understanding the new age NFL (as proven by the hirings of Harbaugh and Kelly during his tenure).

Of course, there is always Eric DeCosta and Brian Gaine, both who have actually been, in some capacity, assistant GMs. (Though, I seriously doubt DeCosta leaves Baltimore, unless a hefty sum is sent his way).

Gamble would just be my primary option, because of his understanding the new age NFL (as proven by the hirings of Harbaugh and Kelly during his tenure).

Of course, there is always Eric DeCosta and Brian Gaine, both who have actually been, in some capacity, assistant GMs. (Though, I seriously doubt DeCosta leaves Baltimore, unless a hefty sum is sent his way).

Kelly was hired before Gamble went to the Eagles.  He went back there in part because that's where his dad was team president and he considers them "his team".  And honestly you can't really give him any credit for the Harbaugh hire.

DeCosta is probably going to be good but yeah, he's never leaving Baltimore.  Researched Gaine before and wasn't all that impressed.

Archived