• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official Gettleman Poll

Jeremy Igo

Fire Gettleman?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Fire Gettleman?

• Yes
    • No

No. Hell no. 

Yeah this year hasn't been great, but at least Gettleman had the foresight to make it so that the deals he made this year would only impact us... THIS YEAR. On the flip side we are still cleaning up Hurney mess. 

Yes the guys he brought in haven't worked out this year, but it's not like they are Godfrey, D-Lo, or Beason and we are stuck with them forever. We gave them 1 or 2 year deals that have minimum cap hit and won't cripple us when we decide to move on from them. 

So at least when Gettleman fugs us he doesn't give us herpes like Hurney, just a bad case of crabs that can be knocked out in a few weeks. 

Gettleman has to be fired. And here's why.

He single handedly took a potential super bowl caliber team and dismantled it. I realize cap space was an issue but he made ZERO effort to even try to talk players down.

He cut 89. Yeah I'm still salty about it. This isn't just a Steve Smith fan complaining. It made ZERO sense to cut Smith. They lost money by cutting him, the man can still play as Baltimore is so clearly enjoying. How can you take a QB's #1 target and replace him with a rookie who drops as many balls as he catches. Don't get me wrong, I love Kelvin. He's going to be a star. Keywords "going to be". Steve Smith's leadership alone is enough reason to keep him here.

Are you seriously telling me Hixon, Ginn, and Lafell were too expensive to keep? I call BS on that one.

The O-line and secondary have been nothing short of a joke this season. I realize Jordan Gross retiring hurt a lot, but a stop sign could block better than Byron Bell.

If Cam isn't a Panther after 2015, Gettleman is the reason why. Cam literally has been given no help whatsoever. I realize that his accuracy needs work but when you have to get rid of the ball as soon as it snapped or you're going to hit the turf, it's hard to throw darts to sorry WR (minus KB and Greg). If I were Cam, I would want out. Our GM has made to be Cam has to win every game on his own with the "talent" that's around him and that's not fair at all. Peyton Manning could not succeed with this team.

All of this is going to ultimately cost Ron his job which is sad. You don't go from coach of the year to this without something going wrong in the GM office.

Gettleman has to go. And it needs to be ASAP.

No. When he took the job he told us his plan and now he's executing exactly what he said he would do. The problem is fans have short memories and the team over performed last year. I'm unsure about firing Ron. I honestly have no idea if that's the right move, but I KNOW Shula has to go. If Ron won't fire Shula, then he needs to go too.

I know everyone wants Shula gone yesterday, but honestly, who replaces him? The entire offensive coaching staff needs to go with him except Proehl. I have no idea if he's ready to be an OC, but if we made him interim OC and he didn't do a knock out job, could we realistically keep him as WRs coach next year?

He single handedly took a potential super bowl caliber team and dismantled it. I realize cap space was an issue but he made ZERO effort to even try to talk players down.

He cut 89. Yeah I'm still salty about it. This isn't just a Steve Smith fan complaining. It made ZERO sense to cut Smith. They lost money by cutting him, the man can still play as Baltimore is so clearly enjoying. How can you take a QB's #1 target and replace him with a rookie who drops as many balls as he catches. Don't get me wrong, I love Kelvin. He's going to be a star. Keywords "going to be". Steve Smith's leadership alone is enough reason to keep him here.

Are you seriously telling me Hixon, Ginn, and Lafell were too expensive to keep? I call BS on that one.

The O-line and secondary have been nothing short of a joke this season. I realize Jordan Gross retiring hurt a lot, but a stop sign could block better than Byron Bell.

If Cam isn't a Panther after 2015, Gettleman is the reason why. Cam literally has been given no help whatsoever. I realize that his accuracy needs work but when you have to get rid of the ball as soon as it snapped or you're going to hit the turf, it's hard to throw darts to sorry WR (minus KB and Greg). If I were Cam, I would want out. Our GM has made to be Cam has to win every game on his own with the "talent" that's around him and that's not fair at all. Peyton Manning could not succeed with this team.

All of this is going to ultimately cost Ron his job which is sad. You don't go from coach of the year to this without something going wrong in the GM office.

I don't know that I have ever read a post so well laid out, and at the exact same time so wrong.

You're wrong on almost every point here.

The fact that you use the phrase "Steve Smith's leadership" pretty much takes all the wind out of your sails.

And seriously, Domenik Hixon?  You want to bring up not re-signing Domenik Hixon as a failure?  Good grief.

Rivera's coach of the year performance has turned out to be a fluke, plain and simple.

Archived